Can my annual premium membership be paid with lindens? My SL birthday is 30 May 2011. I have 42,000

chesterburnett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Using your US dollar balance

When you have a new Second Life account, your US dollar balance is $0. You can increase your US dollar balance by adding to it from a payment method (like a credit card) or by selling L$ on the LindeX. You might also receive a US$ credit from Linden Lab under certain circumstances. The L$ can be used to make purchases inworld or on the Second Life Marketplace; the US$ can be used for other purposes related to your account.

You can put your US dollar balance to work in several ways, explained below.

Pay for Second Life expenses

When you pay your premium membership fee, land use fees, private estate fees, buy Linden dollars or buy a Private Region, Linden Lab charges your US dollar balance. If your US dollar balance does not cover your expenses, all available US$ credit is applied to the fee. Then we charge the remainder via your preferred payment method. If you make enough Linden dollars, you can sell them on the LindeX to increase your US dollar balance. Some Residents' premium accounts pay for themselves!

(from KB article: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037 )

• Like 4

Not directly, no.  But you can sell your $L on the Lindex (click the Manage link in the Buy $L section of your dashboard page, below your account info on the left side of the page).   The proceeds go into your $USD balance.  That is the first place LL goes to collect your fees.  If there isn't enough there, then they bill your chosen payment method.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.