Sign in to follow this  
Rusalka Writer

SL Plug-in

Downloaded the newest beta viewer this morning (OSX). Discovered the "share inventory" function was borked. Relogged with an earlier non-beta viewer, sent a texture, tried sending a notecard, the viewer crashed. Relogged with the new beta viewer, sent the notecard, logged out.

Then I noticed my computer (2 yr. old MacBook Pro) wasn't cooling down. Opened Activity Monitor. There were three iterations of "SL Plug-in" running my CPUs at 90%+. I stopped all three and the temperature fell back to normal. So what is SL now sticking on my Mac?

Off to run disk utilities...

They will have been left-over from the earlier crashes, where SL never told them to stop.  The last one should have unloaded properly though, since you logged-out ok.

When testing later, remember you could have up to five slplugins running while inworld, media, search, login page, help and I think the side buttons (side panel used one slplugin so I assume the new buttons do too).

The Jiras on slplugins not closing are pretty much dead now although one person did report it still occurring at times in 3.x.x viewers in March 2012.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-18250

I ran Repair Permissions and a new software check, which can unscramble things, and haven't had any further problems. A blast from the past, I guess.