What do you never change?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have several accounts and many of them have multiple avatars and/or age variations of the same avatar. They are all more-or-less "characters" - many being "relatives" of my main account. Each one is an individual with their own traits and life history that I develop gradually. Once I establish a "fact" about one of them it will almost never change, especially after they start interacting with others in the "world." It's similar to meeting a new person in the real world. The longer I'm around them the more I "learn" about them.

Their physical appearance is fairly fixed but I may upgrade certain parts to get closer to the concept I have of them, especially because I don't spend much on each character until I get to "know them better."

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

Anything that would be considered permanent in RL.  Shape, skin, tattoos, and hair colour.  Anything else, anything goes. (
^_^
)y

Hair colour is permanent in RL? You must live somewhere that is terribly repressed ;-). I get what you mean though; I started SL blonde and will always be blonde; you're probably the same way with your color, I mean colour. On the other hand you could be like my sister in RL, who remains a deep brunette in spite of the fact her siblings have gray in abundance. She's just lucky that way, I guess.

Well, roughly permanent.  Like, I wouldn't change hair colour as much as I change shoes.  My hair would fall out. (^_^)

That said: Cherry red! (^_^)y

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Anything that would be considered permanent in RL.  Shape, skin, tattoos, and hair colour.  Anything else, anything goes. (
^_^
)y

Hair colour is permanent in RL? You must live somewhere that is terribly repressed ;-). I get what you mean though; I started SL blonde and will always be blonde; you're probably the same way with your color, I mean colour. On the other hand you could be like my sister in RL, who remains a deep brunette in spite of the fact her siblings have gray in abundance. She's just lucky that way, I guess.

Well, roughly permanent.  Like, I wouldn't change hair colour as much as I change shoes.  My hair would fall out. (
^_^
)

That said: Cherry red! (
^_^
)y

If you think about it, everything in your list is changeable in RL... some just take a lot of time, effort or money.  You can go on a diet or start working out, have liposuction or plastic surgery, get a tan or bleach your skin, get laser tattoo removal or a temporary tattoo, color your hair or just put on a wig.  The one thing I thought of that, at first, seemed rather permanent is your eyes... then I thought about colored contacts.

One of the great things about SL is that you can remake yourself every couple of minutes if you want.  Personally, I'm very much like you, in that, since I'd found the look I wanted, I've basically remained the same since.  If I do want to change something, I make sure it's rather subtle so that I don't look a completely different person.  Like the last time I changed the shape of my face, I tried to make it seem as if I'd just had a little face lift... lol.

I've tried to change my eyes more than once, but found that nothing, no matter how nice, looked right on me.  So, in answer to the OP's question, I never change my eyes, unless I'm wearing some sort of costume that would require contacts... like when I'm an alien.

...Dres

I don't keep anything the same the past year or so except my name! Because I have to try on what I'm making and I have to put hair, clothes and shoes and AO in the styling card or when I take the photos. So I could be walking around as a black woman, a child, an old lady, an old man, a young man, a  young black man...LOL just about anything!

When I am in between shapes, to sort of clear my head I wear a quadroped or dinosaur avatar. 

If it's a holiday or I want to see something I bought I might even be "Me" avatar. The Me avatar has blond hair, blue eyes and a shape similar to mine and a face similar to mine but...did I say when no I did not. Time does not exist in cyberspace HAHA.  :)

When I first joined SL my av always had red hair. That was because the red hair looked best in the system hair, and when I got real hair, it also looked best in the Cake hair which was the only hair landmark I had. So it stayed red a long time. 

I've always been caucasian with blue eyes as the Me av because that's Me in real life, and those things dont change in real life...my hair color has changed sometimes though just like my av.  :D  Avs don't have a natural hair color and my RL one doesn't matter Lol.

I'm chatty today!  :P

my feet and name. Feet because they're the best looking ones I've seen so far and being barefoot more often than not I want them to look good (I take them off when wearing shoes because they conflict, but always reattach them).

My avatar/display name I've been using online for well over a decade now, it's more me than anything and persists across communities.

the only thing i never have or will change is my shape other things i wouldn't change are my money garter skin and a heart shaped ring that i've not taken off since i got them and i wouldn't change my hair colour i spent a long time wearing red hair until i discovered rose pink hair now any hair i buy must come in that colour

Six Igaly wrote:

3. If you ever would try to change that butt i'll come over and kick it! :smileytongue:

Lol uh huh.. If I do then I'll be sure to make it a huge old flappy, cottage cheese butt.. that way if you dare kick it you'll end up losing a shoe. facepalm.gif

:smileytongue:

Hmm.. I joined SL for RP, so i guess I am what you would call a "Whatsit" as in "what's it  today?" I can't think of anything i haven't changed. I also can't think of a single species that i haven't been. I also have a female av for my designs. So that lets out a different sex as well.

I'm just here for the fun.

@Dana.. There are a shortage of perfect asses in this world, it would be a shame to change yours.

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

I have always loved your avi, Marianne, and this is one of the cutest picture I've seen in these forums for a long time! :smileyhappy:

1 resident agrees.

Aww!  Thanks, both of ya. I appreciate it tons! :matte-motes-bashful:

jwenting wrote:

my feet and name. Feet because they're the best looking ones I've seen so far and being barefoot more often than not I want them to look good (I take them off when wearing shoes because they conflict, but always reattach them).

My avatar/display name I've been using online for well over a decade now, it's more me than anything and persists across communities.

I do the same jwenting .. Im almost always barefoot but yeah .. must take em off to wear shoes .. which i seldom do.

My bare feet are Coyote .. Whats yours?

Jeanne

• 1 year later...

Count me in as another one of those avatars who always will be barefoot in SL.  It's an extreme rarity for me to wear shoes in SL.  And besides, it makes me feel so free!

I also never will change my avatar hair - Presley hair from Damselfly.  Got it when I was a newbie in 2010 and I still wear it to this day!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.