I cannot rezz obects in my own land?

JackieEvancho

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since today, I cannot rezz any object in my own land.

I always have this message in local chat:

Can't rez object at { xxx.xxx, xxx.xxx, xx.xxx } because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

But I am the owner...!!!

I cleared the cache, I did try to rezz while I wear my group tag, everythings...

How comes?

New thing:  I can build on my land, when I use the build tools, but I just noticed that I cannot drag and drop items from my inventory in my own land!?  very strange!

And I forgot to say that's a Linden Lab home, with 117 prims (I have enough free prim to rezz).

000.000..000.000 was just typed by me to hide my real location loll.

I use SL viewer

This issue has been fixed by Linden Lab

18 answers to this question

Hello Jackie, could this be related to: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7907

Did you use the (Third-Party-Viewer) function "Restore to last position"?

If so, please rez it just normally by dragging it from inside your inventory to the ground (Drag and Drop).

Otherwise, you can follow this bugtracker-issue which issues the same problem: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7905

Unless your home is actually at the extreme SW corner of the sim and you are deliberately trying to rez objects 20m or so below the surface, that merssage is telling you something very peculiar.  The location <0.0,0.0,0.0> is the sim's garbage collection area.  It's where the servers put things when they can't figure out what else to do with them.  On my sim, things get thrown there when a script tries to rez them outside the sim's borders, for example, or when I have accidentally forgotten to provide a rezzer with any coordinates at all.  Usually things go there silently.  In your case, they are going there with a helpful message, apparently because someone else (maybe Linden Lab) really does own the parcel in that corner of the sim.   So, that explains what's happening.  It doesn't explain why, though.  I think this is one that you'll have to take to Live Chat.  Ask them to send a Linden Lab technician out to the sim to see if there's something screwy with the servers.

Are you trying to use a third-party viewer's "Restore to Last Location" function? Those functions no  longer work unless you personally have build rights at the 0,0,0 corner of the sim since recent server changes and that's the error message they're producing.

I am experiencing a strange variation of this. There is a small area of my 4096 sq m parcel on which I cannot currently rezz. Yet a piece of furniture in that location can generate its pose balls (they are of the 'semi-ghostly' type, not sure if that makes a difference). I rezzed a home just before I noticed this issue, and there didn't seem to be any pieces which couldn't rezz in this location. But I consistently get the message like JackieEvancho got in May, "Can't rez object at { xxx.xxx, xxx.xxx, xx.xxx } because the owner of this land does not allow it. Use the land tool to see land ownership" This even applies if I have the land set to allow anyone to rezz there. But it only applies to one location of a few square metres.

You didn't mention how you are trying to rez the furniture. If you are rezzing by dragging and dropping items from your inventory, the only unlikely possibility that occurs to me is that you are rezzing too close to the parcel boundary and are over it accidentally. If you are rezzing objects from a scripted rezzer, however, all sorts of errors are possible. If the script was written poorly or has been damaged, it could be trying to rez things at an ill-defined location (underground, outside the sim, non-existent....). The problem that the OP in this thread was dealing with was cured in a server upgrade in late May and there have been no reports of similar system problems since.

Thanks for following this up, Rolig. In my case I was dragging and dropping from my inventory; tried several different items and none would rezz, moved a few metres and they would rezz fine. I wasn't near the property boundary, was about one-third across a 4096 sq m parcel. And yet, weirdly, a furniture item with poseballs which I rezzed in another spot and dragged to that very spot, and the scripted rezzer rezzed the poseballs just fine. So it's a strange one.

Yes, it is very puzzling. There are no objects or anything there, and it's an area that is three-dimensional occupying several cubic metres... I haven't yet explored the full extent of it. Right now I can work around by rezzing elsewhere and moving stuff; but it is in my main bedroom so kind of inconvenient when rezzing new clothes for the wardrobe, hee hee. But mainly, I'm just interested to see why such a thing occurs and whether it is permanent. I saw one suggestion someplace about restarting the sim, so I might ask the landlord when that is due again. How often are residential sims usually restarted, I wonder?

Thanks for helping!!

With Rolig's help (thanks so much Rolig!!) I worked out what's happening - seems it's due to the construction of my home. The home builder tells me the following:

"It's caused by using large sculpts, sl limits dont allow to rezz "inside" the virtual sculptbox, it pushes the rezzed items outside that virtual box, best it to rezz the item outside and drag it in"

I then enquired about why I am able to rezz pose balls from furniture inside my home, and the reply was:

"This is about the limits in sl and the viewers, i think it let you rezz on poseballs because these are small normal prims within the virtual sculpted box or because these prims contains scripts to sit on"

So overall, it's nothing to do with my land permissions, but the configuration of my home. To be honest, it's not a huge problem for me as I will change the furniture rarely, and when I want to rezz clothes boxes etc to unpack them I will do so on my front deck overlooking my private beach, and with all the privacy I need from my security system and land privacy setting *giggle*

But for others, if you're having trouble rezzing clothes in your bedroom, try outdoors and you might find the problem is your home and not your land permissions!

If  "This issue has been fixed by Linden Lab"

"This issue has been fixed by Linden Lab"

then it is reocurring, I have the same situation:

I cannot drag and drop items from my inventory in my own land!?

[13:19] VAW Corp Desk: Unpacking complete. The Desk is in your inventory inside a folder named 'VAW Corp Desk'
[13:19] VAW Corp Desk owned by JubalAmon gave you 'VAW Corp Desk'  ( Damsen (xx, xx, xx) ).
[13:19] Can't rez object 'VAW Corp Desk' at { xx, xx, xx } on parcel 'Jubal Am Writer's Den' in region Damsen because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

As a Premium Member:

• FREE HOME IN SECOND LIFE
• ACCESS TO PREMIUM-ONLY SANDBOXES
• EXCLUSIVE VIRTUAL GIFTS
• WEEKLY REWARD - L$300
• ACCESS TO SECOND LIFE EXPERTS
• MAINLAND BUILDING RIGHTS

Claim your FREE Second Life Home Now!

Sincerely,
Linden Lab Premium Membership Team

I really am not sure what is going on, I have the house and have yet to explore these:

• ACCESS TO PREMIUM-ONLY SANDBOXES
• EXCLUSIVE VIRTUAL GIFTS
• WEEKLY REWARD - L$300
• ACCESS TO SECOND LIFE EXPERTS
• MAINLAND BUILDING RIGHTS

You have added your post to the end of someone else's extremely old thread, where it will never be seen by more than one or two of us. When you have a question, it is almost always smart to start your own, new thread.

Having said that, though, I suggest that you double check to be sure that you are not rezzing too close to the edge of your parcel. Try rezzing in the middle of the room and then moving your desk to the final position. Also, if you have set your parcel to a group, be sure that you are wearing the correct group tag before you try to rez anything. If you continue to have trouble, contact Live Chat. They are open from 8:00 a.m. to midnight SLT on weekdays. As a Premium member, you have paid for the service, so don't hesitate to use it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.