FIRESTORM GRRRRRRRR -_-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Moni Duettmann wrote:

Well... to me to use a viewer, "because it is the thing to do", regardless of what the viewer really does, is stupid. And I doubt you'*ll find many to which this would account. 

You already said that you have a special use for a TPV, so I'd assumed that 'because it is the thing to do' didn't apply to you when I wrote it ;)

• 9 months later...

I keep goin through my preferences and Firestome 4.4.2 (34167 is suckin big time! I wasnt havin any issues until now and the only download I can find is this stinking beta -- This has been dreadful - I am searching for some other client than Firestorm. Every time I search to find answers - all I see are long ago outdated post made about their issues. This version of Firestorm is taking forever to even open up so I can log in - initializing crap!! And then once I am in, I have to click on everything around me so it will rezz up -- OR -- I log in and everything is gray and takes forever to rezz up. I hate this client!

I recently discovered that the Singularity viewer works for me. For anyone who is into meshes and those formats needed to be up- and downloaded, Singularity is the only viewer anyway, because it has those features.

I discovered heavy texture loading problems with Firestorm recently, but am unable to tell, wether it comes from the viewer or other problems. All in all I remember easier times with Second Life with overall less problems. It seems that the data come slower from the servers these days. My general frame rate is worse than ever.

Cherry Asturias wrote:

I keep goin through my preferences and Firestome 4.4.2 (34167 is suckin big time! I wasnt havin any issues until now and the only download I can find is this stinking beta -- This has been dreadful - I am searching for some other client than Firestorm. Every time I search to find answers - all I see are long ago outdated post made about their issues. This version of Firestorm is taking forever to even open up so I can log in - initializing crap!! And then once I am in, I have to click on everything around me so it will rezz up -- OR -- I log in and everything is gray and takes forever to rezz up. I hate this client!

The current version of Firestorm is 4.5.1.38838. Version 4.4.2 is more than six months old.

All viewers appear to have "interest list" rezzing issues. Typing Ctrl-Shift-R (toggle Wireframe mode) twice will force everything to render.

Moni Duettmann wrote:

"The current version of Firestorm is 4.5.1.38838".

I am using this as the beta-version. Is it alpha now? Do I have to upgrade?

Its usually best to look at your software not from 'do I have to upgrade' but from 'is it safe to upgrade'.

I don't know for Firestorm either way - but its best to always stay current unless there is a bug or issue that prevents it.

Cherry Asturias wrote:

I keep goin through my preferences and Firestome 4.4.2 (34167 is suckin big time! I wasnt havin any issues until now and the only download I can find is this stinking beta...

I have been using the "stinking beta"  :smileyvery-happy:  (Firestorm 4.5.1.38838) since it was released. It has worked very well for me; even better than the earlier official release. I have heard similar comments from other "stinking beta" viewer users. :smileytongue:

So why don't you try it and see does it work for you? If not, then try something else.

If no viewer works well, then it's time to have a serious close look at the computer.

computer-smash.gif

I use fs beta mostly and fs 64.....and catznip.......and sl viewer( main release and rc candidates)......and rlv viewer.....and singularity... all much of a muchness and stable on a mid spec frequently updated computer (windows 7). Seems to me that taking 30 minutes to read the release notes for a viewer and setting up in prefs is worth it, or I`m just lucky.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Moni Duettmann wrote:

"The current version of Firestorm is 4.5.1.38838".

I am using this as the beta-version. Is it alpha now? Do I have to upgrade?

Its usually best to look at your software not from 'do I have to upgrade' but from 'is it safe to upgrade'.

I don't know for Firestorm either way - but its best to always stay current unless there is a bug or issue that prevents it.

4.5.1.38838 is reported as the current released version. That's what I'm using. It's a li'l buggy, but no more so than usual.

And I too usually stay fairly current.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.