Linden Exchange Dollars in My Account

seabird7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I see I have 27,000 linden dollars under Linden Exchange but following links relating to linden exchange discuss wire transfer proceedures and paypal but really don't define well what this dollar value applies to or where it came from. My in-game dollars are a different amount.

I did downgrade my account last winter, although I am considering reinstating land privileges. I suppose the 27,000 linden dollars is either a credit cap (maximum I can charge) or money I had been charged without using (though this seems not clear)

Could anyone please explain this sum to me?

Hi seabird.

From your post its not entirely clear but I will try to help.

If you log into secondlife.com, to your dashboard, on the left hand side of the page you will see something that says: Linden Exchange: You currently have L$ and then a number.  That number is the number of Linden dollars you have, and it should match what you see in your viewer when you log in.

What can you do with this balance?

You can spend it in Second Life, or you can cash it out.

How do you cash it out?

First you have to convert it into USD.  You do this by clicking Manage then Sell Ls.

Once you have sold your Lindens you will have a USD balance.

To cash out via PayPal click Manage then Process Credit.  Linden Lab takes $1 processing fee. So if you want to end up with $100 in your PayPal account you have to enter $101 for your cash out.

Good luck!

Lizard

I no longer see the 27,000 but since it was different from the game sum I supposed it had some other purpose. Thank you for the reply, it solved the problem. Both sums match now. Sorry for the trouble.

I was having problems with the Yahoo toolbar in Firefox when this problem occured; pressing SL weblinks would go to Yahoo search. I dont know what happened but if it was that toolbar or some exploitation of Yahoo toolbar, that is all I can gather.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.