Can't open no transfer script in no transfer object-why?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a scripted object.  It is copy-mod-no transfer.  I wanted to change the way it works.  I used "edit linked" to display the contents, a script, that is also copy-mod-no transfer.  When I tried to open the script to edit it, it failed to open and "Unable to open script in object without modify permissions" was displayed.  Can someone please explain what is going on and why?

Thanks.

ETA:  The script in question (or, at least, one with the same name created by the same person) was made available by the author under the GNU General Public License as a free download from the Web, so it doesn't make sense that the behavior that I'm experiencing would be by design.

ETA:  It was just SL being SL, I guess.  Now I can open and edit the script just fine.

It looks like the only way I can post "Thanks" is too put it here, so I am.

2 answers to this question

kk here is the deal,   as an example.......   the GPL applies to all but, you need to get the source from its source itsself, not from some one that has gotten the script and then put it in an object. the script might be part of a more elabarate build and in making the script no trans/no mod prevents you from giving the buld to another.

If the script is GLP, then get it from the source itself there are lottsa GPL scripts out there.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.