Television black screen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a TV today (This https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/VEA-LCD-Flat-TV-Ambilight-Backlight-Youtube-Television-Movies-Shoutcast-Radio-Videos/900171)

I kinda got it working but i cant watch any movies or videos on it.

I can see the TVs menu, flip through it, but if i try to open anything form youtube, any movie or anything, then i just get a black screen. Dosnt matter how long i wait nothing happens.

My on the other hand my girlfriend can see movies and videos just fine from it.

We both use phoenix viewer, so i dunno what to do to make it work for me.

Check if parcel media ( About Land) is set by TV . If anything you select doesn' t change the URL of it, perhaps you did not set it properly to your group or it requires deeding to the group to work. This might be the case for the tv itself or for the Media Parcel Changer that perhaps comes with it.

Good luck.

i have a vea too and it works bad with phoenix..i use singularity with it..then you have to put settings in the tv to quicktime (you have quicktime installed on your PC? ) and HD 480..the lowest

In about land..media tab put the settings either on webcontent or movie..hope it works for you :-)

BTW Meli Breen the creator is very helpful

• 1 month later...

You have to have alot of ram/good frames per second to get good quality viewing.. I'm not complaining.. I was suprised my laptop was able to watch anything on it...but it does.. laggy because I have a crappy computer.. but it's a GREAT viewer.. by far the best I've seen in SL.. well worth the L's too.

• 2 years later...

I found that you must install Mozilla Firefox onto your computer and then make sure Firefox has the latest Quicktime and Flash player it seemed that Firefox was the key. Also watch out for fake Adobe sites there are more of them than originals and they will plant all kind of crap in your computer. I was truley surprised that a big company like Adobe iets that go on.

Otis Matova wrote:

I found that you must install Mozilla Firefox onto your computer and then make sure Firefox has the latest Quicktime and Flash player it seemed that Firefox was the key. Also watch out for fake Adobe sites there are more of them than originals and they will plant all kind of crap in your computer.
I was truley surprised that a big company like Adobe iets that go on.

Oh I just love statements like this.

Just how exactly do you propose they stop it from happening?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Otis is correct in what he wrote. there are SEVERAL adobe fake sites out there. and indeed those sites will put crap onto your computer.  You do need firefox and adobe, some prefer quicktime. by all means tho, be careful of the adobe sites.  If you do not have the right site you will get crap stuck to your machine.  I am glad Otis made the post that he made, and im glad perrie made the little mock statement toward otis refering to the fake adobe sites and adobe allowing this to happen.  It is true.  it would be like someone attempting to use a government site, and getting fake sites instead, and the gov i.e say social security allowing it to happen... not the case if you no what to look for, and if you do find something suspect, trust they are on it. ive seen more fake adobe sites pop up over the last year its crazy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.