Sign in to follow this  
carolinestravels

Lets talk about Sex

Hi Guys and Girls

I wrote an article for noobs about "how to have sex in second life" on my new blog. The article is entitled "lets talk about sex" and is not just about the technicalities, but also explains other stuff that noobs tend to ignore. You know waht I mean...

Please post feed back or additions. There is also a list of some mood killers at the end. Please feel free to add your own personal mood killer as a comment.

Here the article:

http://carolineinsecondlife.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/lets-talk-about-sex/ 

Thanks for reading and commenting.

"Lets talk about you and me
Lets talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Lets talk about sex"

Okay, I just had to do that. On to your blog posting, it's a good starter post for newcomers in SL. But..............
I do have some issues with it.

Freebie genital parts: some are horrible and some are decent. It really does depend on where you get them. I firmly recommend using the Marketplace for such instead of looking inworld. Men really don't have to spend any $L's to get a decent one that looks good, has a HUD and does color matching. It just won't talk and that's not a bad thing. 

For women, it's harder. Either we spend $L's for genital tats that look good or plunk down major $L's for prim and scripted parts. The cheap prims look cheap and best avoided. Tat's can look great but are not fuctional. But, I've found that most guys don't care as long as it looks good from the outside. YMMV on this.

Voice Verification: I have a personal bias on this. I don't like it. I don't like clubs that require this and I don't play with other residents that require this as well. All the verification I need is that LL has Adult verified you. That's it. Payment info on record is a plus. As to those Voice Verification groups, it guantrees nothing. Nothing proves one called the other. Either way, you are still trusting them and the group on their word. I don't let middlemen get in between the trust issue. Either I trust you are what you say you are, or I don't. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you...for saying to read the profile!! Yes! Please read the profile. I didn't make mine so I can read it. 

Eh, some people like pixel pumping. Not my thing, could be someone's kink. Besides, it's mostly "poseball hopping" anyway. Unless you have one of those Sex HUD's, then it's "script hopping." :D

Emoting: Please recommend using IM's instead of local chat. Everybody nearby can read local chat, unless that's their kink....IM's is where it's at. Or where I want it to be. :D

I've seen so many styles of emoting, just about anything really goes as long as it works.
But, after a while so many "oh god.......", "oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh " can a person really take?
Good emotes always trump script, HUDs and visuals for me.

Common dencey: Don't log out when you've finished in RL. Please say, "brb" instead. Don't treat your partner as disposable. There is a real human being on the other side of the screen interacting with you.  

My biggest pet peeve for SL sex, Don't change your AV in the middle of sex. Not talking about adding sexual parts, but a total AV change. I really hate switch and bait tactics. 

YMMV. :D~

" My biggest pet peeve for SL sex, Don't change your AV in the middle of sex. Not talking about adding sexual parts, but a total AV change. I really hate switch and bait tactics. "

for me at least that includes women suddenly growing a **bleep** and turning into a shemale... If you're that, tell in advance.

People who keep typing when they say the moment of truth has arrived.  Maybe I'm wrong, but there is no way you can keep typing  during the moments of truth.  To me that's the equivalent of RL faking it.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Or, for some unaccountable reason, their keyboard has got stuck?

I keep my keyboard wrapped in saran wrap.

ETA:  That's because of all the times when Linden's post to the forums it made me spray my coke all over my keyboard  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Or, for some unaccountable reason, their keyboard has got stuck?

I keep my keyboard wrapped in
saran
wrap.

ETA:  That's because of all the times when Linden's post to the forums it made me spray my coke all over my keyboard

;)

A very wise precaution.   I've had pixel-sex partners who've had that effect on me.

ETA: Once, coincidentally, when we were using a device that wrapped my poor avatar in cling-film (as it's called here).

I have a dream about sex with Mad Hatter avatar)) If I could meet real Depp in Hatter costume he would have beenignored by me as sex partner because he has bored life (like for me)... and bored mind it seems.

But in SL with avatar it would be nice))) Actually, I am interested in strange avatars in SL like sex partners. IRL all is more bored in our Earth.

Once I seen the fan-story about sex with Slander Man. It was M/M, but I think it`s funny in phisiology meaning. Creators of that creature is smt hiding from us xD

jwenting wrote:

"
 My biggest pet peeve for SL sex, Don't change your AV in the middle of sex. Not talking about adding sexual parts, but a total AV change. I really hate switch and bait tactics. "

for me at least that includes women suddenly growing a **bleep** and turning into a shemale... If you're that, tell in advance.

ROFLMAO!

I'm a female in RL and play one in SL as well, but  I've thought about doing this SO many times just for laughs! I didn't know people really do! :smileylol:

Senobia Xenga wrote:

jwenting wrote:

"
 My biggest pet peeve for SL sex, Don't change your AV in the middle of sex. Not talking about adding sexual parts, but a total AV change. I really hate switch and bait tactics. "

ROFLMAO!

I'm a female in RL and play one in SL as well, but  I've thought about doing this SO many times just for laughs! I didn't know people really do! :smileylol:

could change into an animal also..hehehe

hey you why you change into a cow?!!!

fear me for i am werecow!!!Mrrrroooo!!! i is  hear to take all you dairy stuffs back from you..

Biggest pet peeve recently is having a guy with an onduty **bleep** getting my avatar pregnant without my consent. And to top it all off, going to the clinic to have it "taken care of" only to find "oh, they don't do that anymore".

Just some of my own do's and don'ts:

-Scripted attachments are only necessary for visualization. Talking version or versions that decide how excited I am are a blasphemy to me. Effectively, as a woman I have little use for a scripted attachment. A well done adult skin suffices. For males, all you need is an attachment that has some features to regulate your toys' positioning and shape. Maybe also some particle effects if you really want, but that's optional.

-A bed, blanket, whatever with 10 sets of animations can EASILY be better than one with 200 sets of animations. Quantity isn't everything. It's about the item having animations that are suitable to the object and it's location. I see a LOT of "OMG, over 400 animations!" beds these days, but just a little investigation brings some sad fact to light:
1. ALL the beds of those creators tend to use the exact same animations in the exact same positioning. So an animation looks great on one bed, and on the next one it results in your avatar "holding the backboard" with the backboard being half a meter away from his/her hands.  And don't get me started on floating a meter above the bed or ground!
2. You generally end up finding favourite versions of the animations available. So there's like 8 different "doggystyle" animations in the bed, and you end up using only 1 of them. Just brilliant! You paid a small fortune for a bed, being totally  brainwashed by its advertisement about how awesome it is that it has 200 animations, and you end up using maybe one out of 8 of them. You would've been better of getting a bed with less, yet better and more applicable animations. It would've made navigating the menues much faster and easier, and made it easier to remember your favourites!

If you have a very vivid imagination, a cuddle bed can be just as good actually: just something to get things started, and let your brain fill in the rest. Imagination > visualization, every time. So use your brain, use those emotes, communicate what you feel and what you desire. Don't let a script take over from you, you'll only end up living a pale shade of the builders' imagination, not your own.

So go shop for a bed, try it out if you can, and ask yourself "do I really need this?"

Judith

Plus having someone flicking through 200 animations in about 3 Minutes makes you dizzy and is definettly a spoiler. I have a lesbian hud for example with 80 animations - more then enough really. (Yes I do girls too).

Thanks for sharing on how to make an effort if you want to have sexual relationships with others.  I believed you are right, you can't just sit by the computer and hope others will contact you.  You have to make an effort to contact the other person if you truly want to meet them.  Any sexual relationships begins with getting to know the other person and this involved going out with them and finding out whether both of you are sexually attracted to each other. 

>>So go shop for a bed, try it out if you can, and ask yourself "do I really need this?"<<

The bed that came w/ my skyhouse has justa bout every animation except sleep pose .. Go figure ..

Jeanne

Judith Flow wrote:

Talking version or versions that decide how excited I am are a blasphemy to me.

same like when you exploring a sim and some random person there says in open chat: you tremble as i come near

i do. i sooo do

I'm a roleplayer and not into private, intimate sex, so for me it is all about emoting in open chat and not in IM.

I like to have realism in my RP and keep the IM for off-topic chat.