Why do my wrists look broken?

Raven1 Short

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Raven1 Short wrote:

Just noticed this happening recently. I don't know of anything I changed to cause this.

lunapic_133638609727273_1.jpg

If you look closely, halfway up the forearm it's solid with no distortion, but by the wrist it appears semi-transparent and flared out larger than the skinniest part of the wrist area... it sure looks like a leftover from having worn a baggy long sleeve shirt/jacket but the shape/mesh hasn't reloaded or recovered yet. If that's it then I've seen this happen tons on the pants leg area.. Appearance-->Shirt *should* correct it. System pants legs are infamous for leaving you with a pants cuff shape, but reapplying your skin texture over it when you change out of them and there's a loading problem of some kind. I'm guessing the above is what happens when you change out of a baggy top and there's a loading problem... hard to say.

Dana Hickman wrote:

Raven1 Short wrote:

Just noticed this happening recently. I don't know of anything I changed to cause this.

lunapic_133638609727273_1.jpg

If you look closely, halfway up the forearm it's solid with no distortion, but by the wrist it appears semi-transparent and flared out larger than the skinniest part of the wrist area... it sure looks like a leftover from having worn a long sleeve shirt but the shape/mesh hasn't reloaded or recovered yet. If that's it then I've seen this happen tons on the pants leg area.. Appearance-->Shirt *should* correct it.

I use Firestorm. I don't have the Apprearance-shirt option. Just "edit outfit"

could be leftover from a previous outfit?  i've had leftover cache(?) problems when switching drastic shapes (e.g. tiny/fairy to normal) that had to be cleared out via the cache.  (tip from a friend of mine)

side note: i wish avatar designers could include better hands and feet.  had to buy separate feet, matching coloration isdifficult! >.<  but my hands are still blah.  it's like having cheap contractor-type hardware and fixtures for a custom built home. :/

Rayse Senizen wrote:

could be leftover from a previous outfit?  i've had leftover cache(?) problems when switching drastic shapes (e.g. tiny/fairy to normal) that had to be cleared out via the cache.  (tip from a friend of mine)

side note: i wish avatar designers could include better hands and feet.  had to buy separate feet, matching coloration isdifficult! >.<  but my hands are still blah.  it's like having cheap contractor-type hardware and fixtures for a custom built home.
:/

I cleared the cache, stripped my av down, reloaded shape, skin, tried different AO. After all that it seems better, but still quirky.

I even did reset default character.

I notice some of the default character wants to hang on and it doesn't let you delete it or take it off.

disclaimer: i'm NOT a tech minded person! :P

did you reboot the viewer? i assume you did because it won't clear otherwise but i learned from a good friend, ask the obvious questions to get them out of the way for the really difficult problems. (not that i have a solution,i stop at the simple things >.< )

also ime, i get different results from different sims. >.>  premium sims (i'm a premium member) do seem to be more robust in rebooting or correcting.  maybe do some of the dressing/redressing on a premium sim, if possible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.