Sign in to follow this  
SecretFromHeaven

All Premium Homes Not Available?

about 4 hours ago i followed the instructions on how to change a premium home i didnt like, to get the home of my dreams in one of the japanese neighborhoods. i abandoned the land and went to register for my new home. i continue to see only three styles of home; excluding the japanese homes.

i posted in the answers section and one of the responses explained that:

There is a serious shortage of Linden Homes at the moment, I've even seen the page say 'sorry, sold out of LInden Homes'. At the moment, a few come and go, often within minutes or even seconds. Until Linden Lab releases additional homes, you will have to keep checking the page until a Japanese home appears. Then grab it.

Alternatively, you can use your 512 sm tier allowance on a mainland parcel. You'll have to buy the land but it's cheap and your actual house will count against the 117 prims unlike a Linden Home.

the video and ads give the impression that all homes are available, and that once you are a premium member you automatically get the home you choose. nothing about a 4 hour wait...maybe longer cause everyone cant keep checking in every few minutes.

a lot of people had told me that premium was a waste but i liked it and one of the things i especialy liked was having a house and being able to dress somewhat in privacy (recently learned you should have a skyhouse to be private.)

i like the style of the japanese house and even if it existed as a skyhouse it wouldnt have the surrounding neighborhood. if its not available or rarely available there should be a notice and maybe the video should have a clear disclaimer.

the strange thing is that i have been to the japanese area recently anf there were many empty houses. i don't understand what is going on. is there any way for me not to be homeless; or not to be stuck with a house i find ugly?

can the japanese linden home be bought and placed somewhere else?

any advice? i'm asian and would like to have an asian house. :)

xiexie! thank you! 谢谢

Hello...I have noticed this too for longer now that not many linden homes are available at the moment and I must say this is really not ok.

Cause when you fly around in the linden home areas there are I think 60´-70 % of the houses available.

I also was on search for better linden homes from time to time but it is no fun anymore since there is no choice.

That´s a reason why I gave up my premium account.

Hi. In case you're not aware you can untick the check box in about land which allows people to see avatars on your parcel from outside the parcel. This will also work with a premium home parcel. You can change clothes in perfect privacy unless you let someone onto your parcel to peep :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I know that a lot of Linden Homes look empty, but they are still owned by someone.  That someone may even have left Second Life...but as long as they have their account, and continue to pay the Premium membership fee, that home belongs to them.

Linden Homes are in short supply.  ("Good!" she gloated, rubbing her hands together in anticipation of more tenants for her rental property.)

If you aren't willing to wait for one, you have another option.  Look for a nice 512 m2 parcel elsewhere on the Mainland.  Search and the Map will help you in this.  You will have to purchase the parcel, but right now Mainland is cheap (often selling for $1L per square meter or even less).  Once you own it, you will pay ZERO monthly tier on it.  And you can build anything you like (up to the 117 prims that a 512 m2 parcel will allow).  You can build a skybox, a Japanese home, or a treehouse.  You cannot do that with a Linden Home.

If you can't build, you can find tons of prefab houses on the Marketplace and in stores in world.  Just be sure the house is small enough to fit your parcel, and low prim enough to leave you some prims for decorating.

If you want more prims, just buy a larger parcel.  You will pay monthly tier on land in excess of that first free 512 m2.  See this page for a table of tier fees: https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

This is the way we ALL got our land and homes, up until a year or so ago when Linden Homes were introduced.  It's not that hard, and you have a lot more flexibility and choice...which makes it a lot more fun.

You do not need to have a premium account to have a home, only to "own" mainland (ie; pay rent directly to Linden Lab).  Anyone with any account may rent land from another resident.  You can put any house you want on any land you own/rent UNLESS it's a Linden Home or the owner says so in their 'covenant' (rules for the area).

There are many Japanese, Chinese and other Asian style houses for sale in SL.  As far as I know the exact Linden home styles aren't but you could always find out who made it and ask them.  Many styles of house are also available for free or you can make your own in exactly the style you like (it's free, not too difficult and one of the most fun things in SL).

Well done, by the way, your English is excellent.

wow thanks for all the answers! i didnt realize that the linden homes were a new addition and that before that people built their homes. maybe i will end up doing that since i am still homeless but i'd really rather spend the time doing interior decorating rather than sweating over design and prims and all that. plus, even if i make a great home it wont have the feel of being in harmony with other similar themes of community.

i guess some of the houses might look empty and really be owned but usually the owned homes have a name (you have to name it as you buy it) and some of these homes are empty and without names. if they really are owned by people who havent been there in ages (like maybe a year?) maybe linden can contact them and give others a chance to occupy (yay the 99%) since it would still be paid for by the new owners.

thanks peter for the compliment about my english but i dont really deserve it since im a chinese born in brooklyn new york lol.

are there any other communities with an asian theme besides linden homes? i guess i better look at alternatives cause i don't like being a wandering ghost lol.

Yay! After driving my family crazy by sitting at the computer for hours checking again and a again to see if the house was available, they threatened to pull the plug. I agreed to go to lunch at 5:29 pm if I could check just one more time.. and it was there! I got the house! whoo hoo.

thanks for the advice from all and in the future some time i will learn how to make a house and i'll buy the land or whatever from the real estate agent who was clapping her hands about the shortage lol. but for now im going to leave the ranks of homeless and learn more about sl and building and decorating.

Peace out!

BTW how do i give kudos??