Why does it take a multiple tries to teleport somewhere ?

Vogue14x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

No matter where I want to go , it wont tp me the first time . it tells me to try to tp again. Then after like , 5 attemps, it will finally work . But at other times i wont have problems. It works then later on it doesnt. This has been happening all week for some reason and I dont get why .

6 answers to this question

There could be several reasons.  Most of them relate to the fact that teleporting involves handing your avatar's data file (your identity, plus information about what you are wearing, and what the scripts you carry are doing) from one set of servers to another.  It's not an easy hand-off.  If the servers on either end are very busy -- keeping track of lots of avatars, physical objects, and scripts, handling a lot of communications, dealing with many objects and avatars being rezzed --- they can lag pretty badly.  To make matters worse, if you are wearing a lot of scripted objects and HUDs, you are adding to that load.  There's a point at which the servers say, "I'm sorry.  I just can't do this right now."

All of that's in normal times.  This past week or so, Linden Lab has dealt with some major server issues.  It's not too surprising that some people are having trouble teleporting and rezzing things. 

You can improve teleport performance by:

1.  Reducing your Friends list.

2.  Reducing your inventory.

3.  Taking off highly scripted items

4.  Taking off high prim items.

My main avatar, with 200 friends, 30,000 inventory items, and lots of high fashion jewelry and clothes, teleports slowly and sometimes not at all.  My alt, with a basic newbie inventory, six friends, and no scripty, primmy attachments, teleports in a flash.

that is not true.

1. the friendlist has nothing to do with it

2. the inventory has nothing to do with it

3. yes the scripted items are the problem

4. no the prims itself have nothing to do with it.

my tip just ignore this **bleep**

My tip - don't accuse well-known residents with a long history of helping newbies of talking **bleep** without at least questioning why they said it.

Are you sure prims have nothing to do with it? Really? That it doesn't take any longer to re-create/pass-off all the data about many, more-complex prims?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.