Bad sales this week?

Flea Yatsenko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually this week's been about normal. Until today, today's been extremely slow, terrible even. That's not usual for me. Not that I have some huge list or amount of products but Fridays have been pretty consistent for some time now. Today, not so much.

Who knows why, lol. I don't even bother trying to figure it out.

Flea Yatsenko wrote:

Please dont' tell me I'm the only one having problems with SLMP sales this week. It's been the slowest week I've seen since DD released.

I posted in another thread that I had no sales (not slow - "no") for the past few days.  I had one sale yesterday and one thus far today so hopefully that will continue...until the next weird cycle.

I noticed some intermittent slowness issues on Friday that was probably keeping peeps from easily purchasing things. Again. Relevance search result updates might have been frozen again on Friday and today as one of my products stayed put after good sales this week I noticed.

Alright, so whatever happened to the grid on Friday and the maintenence that happened on Monday completely screwed up my sales. I have a graph.

What caused this? Is it worth making a support ticket or something over? That's clearly not normal and whatever is happening, my products are trying to get back to where they're supposed to be. It's like something at LL continually knocks down my sales only to have them come back up since the 30th. Is it relevancy? It seems like I'm one of the few actually having this happen to me. Also, ignore the first zero, that was the day I got my ANS program setup and it's just an empty data set because the program didn't exist for most of the day on 4/18.

daily sales.png

Somethings definitely up. My diverse spread of various products (more than just The LOLO Pet Shop) ...& other secret more businessy stuff I've built up over the years since 2006 has always had a very predictable profit rate (with brief exceptions), but lately things are most choppy & erratic -- never seen anything quite like this over the years, even back when we had Shutdown Wednesdays, major downtime & stuff.

Completely hosing marketplace & turning it into a giant gatcha machine which might as well have spaghetti for a database is probably the main part of it. Since Linden Lab stopped releasing quarterly reports, I have to assume all SL stats are in severe decline (new sign ups, monthly cash flow, average time spent online, etc) so that's probably the other side of the problem.

Must admit the trend for SL lately seems to be downturn & start of each downtick lines up directly with the showstopper issues as Linden Lab introduced them. Yes I do track events like this meticulously :matte-motes-nerdy:

I think Linden Lab is losing people's trust big time, or so many things are failing at the same time that people are just giving up, or at least cutting usual SL sessions shorter due to all the major issues. Probably a combination of these three factors.

Let's hope we all (Lindens included) weather this storm, to see daylight break again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.