Sign in to follow this  
Janie Starflare

Anime RPs?

Anyone know of some good anime themed RPs? Im not very good at battle RP so the fighting style anime RPs are not good for me. I've already tried some adult style ones and didn't like em much. I'm a good listener and am willing to try anything that I haven't before even if I'd struggle a bit at first.

Janie Starflare wrote:

Yeah I've noticed not too many people wear anime avatars much. I still do and think its still fun!

There is such a thing as 'cosplaying' as we'd call it irl, though. I would suggest using search for anime rp while in game

I think it depends on the style of anime RP you are looking for since anime covers such a broad spectrum of styles, tastes and genre. The RP I'm doing is heavily storybased, there are anime influences ( such as Natsume Yujin-cho, Inu Yasha and other supernatural themed anime) and and its based on a japanese video game (fatal frame/project zero). If you're interested in something anime-esque, but still willing to be original, and you like japanese style horror, this might be something you want to check out. More realistic styled anime-ish avatars are welcome ( like Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children style avies) rather than the hyper stylized/cartoony sort just because for the setting/genre its too silly. The 'demons' are basically Youkai, but if you watch some walk through/play throughs of the various Fatal Frame games, you'll get the gyst of what I'm going for. Although I know horror/supernatural stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea. Just thought I'd give myself a plug, since there is a lot of anime influence in it.

However, if you are looking for something more 'you can be anything from anywhere' anime RPs or don't like horror, I haven't really come across any. A few series specific ones, like Naruto based, or Bleach based, but nothing generalized. A few cosplay groups, but its more like RL cosplay.  They seem to be smaller these days, and a lot less of them than there used to be.

Myst Panther wrote:

I think it depends on the style of anime RP you are looking for since anime covers such a broad spectrum of styles, tastes and genre. The RP I'm doing is heavily storybased, there are anime influences ( such as Natsume Yujin-cho, Inu Yasha and other supernatural themed anime) and and its based on a japanese video game (fatal frame/project zero). If you're interested in something anime-esque, but still willing to be original, and you like japanese style horror, this might be something you want to check out. More realistic styled anime-ish avatars are welcome ( like Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children style avies) rather than the hyper stylized/cartoony sort just because for the setting/genre its too silly. The 'demons' are basically Youkai, but if you watch some walk through/play throughs of the various Fatal Frame games, you'll get the gyst of what I'm going for. Although I know horror/supernatural stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea. Just thought I'd give myself a plug, since there is a lot of anime influence in it.

However, if you are looking for something more 'you can be anything from anywhere' anime RPs or don't like horror, I haven't really come across any. A few series specific ones, like Naruto based, or Bleach based, but nothing generalized. A few cosplay groups, but its more like RL cosplay.  They seem to be smaller these days, and a lot less of them than there used to be.

Lucia Riley was going to be a vampire until people told me,"DON'T DO IT!!" because of a certain populsr game. Lucia Riley is various people, or persons to me. It isn't my RL name, let me tell you. lol She can fit into..anything really. I don't have a story, bio, or anything for her. She was an ava originally made to be a vampire and a lurker ava until I fell in love with SL. ;3

Anyway, I'd join that RP once, and if anyone teaches me how to RP in a 3D world or SIM like SL. (roleplay basics at NCI..?)

I've taught a lot of people RP in various environments, including Tabletop, messageboard, chat, and I'm happy to teach in SL to. I'm a firm believer that everyone has their own style and there's no right or wrong per se, its more what the group or people that you are RPing with standards.I'm fine with you playing a vampire, although I personally would prefer it falls a little more towards the japanese type than the european/holywood type, but I'm more than willing to work with people on their characters.

Drop me a notecard in world if you are interested, with when you'll be around and we can connect and chat about your character and what you are looking to learn about in regards to RP.