Attachments issues on region crossing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Adonis Adamski wrote:

Hello Oskar

Issues wearing attachment crossing from Frumatay to Thorklin. Happens every time but last occasion Friday 4 May around 02.50 hours (2.50am).

Regards,

Adonis

I just had a look at both Frumatay and Thorklin. I am unable to reproduce the issue there. My attachments work if I log directly into either region and after TPing between the regions both ways. The last restart of Frumatay was 10 days ago, and Thorklin was 2 days ago. The regions appear healthy at this time, though thorklin is a tad on the script heavy side it is well within normal ranges.

I also do not see anything unusual in the logs.

About 7 minutes ago I left Lahars 28, 41, 500

and arrived in Steel Horses and walked from the landing point to 176, 189 at which time my chest attachment disappeared.  This is the attachement that disappears when I TP and there is a problem.  This region is running a bit slow due to the number of avatars in it.

The problems I have been seeing, all weekend, may have little to do with the actual servers. A lot of stuff is being slow to load. Whether that's the Linden Lab network, or the wider Internet, I can't tell but it doesn't seem associated with bandwidth or ping-time problems my viewer can detect.

On the sorts of problem I am seeing, it seems to be more than region-specific crowding, script-load or AVs.

I'm not sure if it has been a normal weekend or not: I suspect I have been a bit more sensitive after the Big Crash last month. But the last bout of problems, on a busy sim, included scripts failing to work, animations not loading, taxture-oading stalls, and a general lousy experience. Yet when I do the basic checks, my connection to the Internet is reported at working at normal speed.

I'm bewildered, but I have the feeling that things were not this bad a couple of years ago, and my current computer is far more powerful than what I used then.

Last night at about 11pm BST (3pm SLT) I had an attachment derender on TP from  sim Woods of Heaven to  sim Gambler.  The attachment was still visible to me, but to no-one else and no one else could interact with it.  The derendering persisted on TP back to Woods of Heaven, but a relog there re-rendered it to others.  The attachment was scripted and not that old...a Scientific Revolution (formerly Scorpion) Gas Mask.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.