Sign in to follow this  
gfd39

icontrol advice

Just bought the Dominatach icontrol system, and the manual is not very helpful. As an unonwed sub, how can I set it up so random people cant kidnap me? And f they do, how do I get control back. The release feature concerns me, as does the abilities section where a causal user can restrict my control.

And as an unowned sub, it looks like there is no lock feature, where I need to grant consent to someone before they take charge. If I wear the cuffs, can anyone take control?

I'm not familiar with this device, so I'm afraid I've not got much to suggest. Referring to the support offered by the Dominatech creator would be a better place to ask; or in a Group for their customers (where people would have some more direct experience).

However; one approach I commonly take with other, similar devices is to become 'self-owned'. By setting yourself as your owner you can probably get full access to the menus, add other people as 'secondary owners' (maybe?) and explore the menu's and functions for youself, so that you can learn how it works before worrying about giving too much control away.

Good luck =]

This product doesnt seem to allow that. I tried to.set an owner when in an empty space, and apparently you need to pick someone (not yourself) that is nearby.

I would say that's a pity, and a barrier to it being very useful to people interested in learning how it works.

Another option would be to offer ownership to a friend. Even if they refuse to return your 'key' or start being a pest with it later on, you can always disable RLV and relog, or reset the scripts in the item and start over.

yup, creating an alt to test new devices that could potentially get you into a load of trouble can be a real boon.
Would hate to get my Mistress angry by relogging without rlv (I'm required to have it active at all times) to get out of a trap. My little lifesaver alt can be tp'd in instead and get me out in emergencies (meaning, generally, a sim that's empty for long periods exceeding my limits and a trap with no timed release or an inproperly configured recapture system).

So found the answer to my question. For anyone with the same question who finds this thread, go into the menu and click on "ownership". Set to "casual". This is the more for bottoms who still want some control. You have control over al settings, and the only people who can access the menu are people who you approve. Once in this mode you can also set the relay so that devices must ask permission to trap you (or you can keep it on automatic where you are just trapped. One issue with icollar is that the default setting is "standard", which allows anyone to access your menu without permission, and once they have that they can bind you and take away most abilities, like ability to see, communicate, teleport, hear, move. If you buy this system I highly recommend you first put it on in private so you can get used to it first, before someone snatches you against your control before you are ready for it. Of course, now that I know, I kinda like being snatched.....

How does one bo about capturing someone. There must be a way to bring up your hud & gain control. What do you click on or is there some sort of companion device needed?

If you left click a cuff or collar it brings up the menu. From there, you can take control of the sub, and disable abilities of the sub, like who controls me. I tried to take back control, but she had already locked me out of that. In retrospect I should have turned off RLV and logged off, then logged back on somewhere else. But I was new and didnt know that at the time.