Can you get free land

redxrob

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nefertiti Nefarious wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

>>In the meantime I'm cashing out my "fake" SL currency, turning it into "real" USD, and paying my bills with it.<<

Are you paying taxes on this income?

Jeanne

If you cash out, it goes out through PayPal. PayPal will let the IRS know about money coming in, so he will be paying taxes on it. 

It's considered "miscellaneous income" by the IRS, or could be declared a hobby or even a business ... depends onhow you want to do it. I declare it as "hobby income".  Haven't reached the thresholdof needing to pay withholding on it yet.

Cool Nefertiti !! I wondered how that worked .. Thanks!

Jeanne

• 1 year later...

can i ask why did you join in the begining?? it is not  reality as you have said ,so you knew from the start, my son plays a war game  and he has to pay every month , but when a higher level comes out he has to pay extra, but he chooses to do that, my son is a adult.. we all know it is not real  if you dont want to do it, dont, if you do dont complain, have to remember  the people we talk to and become friends with are real..

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Tho SL has some things that are free, like groupgifts and dollarbies, land is rarely free. Once in a few month's ppl post on the forum and offer a piece of land for free. But this is very, very rare. Also, as mentioned, you are then reliable on that landowner. If they give up the land you are homeless once again. For building or making money you will need something more reliable. There is only one way to get land for "free". Become a premium member and you get a 512 plot on the mainland. You have to look for that yourself, some plots are very cheap, but you will still have to invest some L$ to get it. If you accept the 512 plot, you will no longer be able to get a Linden Home. This is a "free" as it gets.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.