Going straight through walls!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to build a skybox test track for my cars but am having troubles with one wall. My land borders a sim crossing and the wall which runs parallel is troublesome. At slow speeds the cars, bikes get stuck in it and at faster speeds they simply travel straight through. I have tried various thicknesses, differing densities and distances from the border but other than moving the wall 10 meters from it the trouble persists. Are there scripts, work arounds or simple building techniques that will allow me to build closer to the border and still function as standard wall?

I really don't believe there is anything you can do except build away from the sim edge.  Even if you walk at your slowest, once you get within a metre or so of the adjacent sim, already your information starts to transfer across to the server that holds the next sim.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply put, NO.  You cannot use a sim boundary for a wall.  This has been hashed over already.  How far away from the sim border should you be?  10M at least, 15 is better.  Best is to try your heavy "get stuck"  vehicle and see how far away it needs to be, then make your road there.

Since the two sims  in SL can be in different States in RL, once the transfer starts, its gonna go. Be aware of this; it will win every single time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.