Changing Premium Homes

BlueAgate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

yep...

Abandoning or changing your Linden Home

To change your choice of Linden Home type, you must abandon your current Linden Home and then register for a new one.

To abandon your Linden Home:

1. Choose World > Place Profile About Land and click the General tab.
  2. Click Abandon Land.
    After you confirm your choice, the land is removed from your account.

Now if you wish, you can register for another Linden Home.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Please use this reasonably: if you abandon and choose a new Linden Home five times in 24 hours, you're temporarily blocked from choosing another. You'll need to wait after 24 hours have elapsed to register again.
  • Like 2

@ Skeeterspal and BlueAgate:  You can request that LL sell you Abandoned land, by filing a Support Case.  Be sure to include the region and the coordinates of the parcel you're interested in.  LL will respond more favorably if the land is adjoining land that you already own, and will be definitely disinclined to sell you any land that's part of a public right of way, such as a road, river, or channel needed for free passage.  However, even if LL has some Abandoned land that they would like to see sold, they're more likely to do so through the land auctions.  You can keep track of what parcels are up for auction here: http://usd.auctions.secondlife.com/lin/auction/auction/list/

@Tzunny Nagy:  A lot of land in Second Life is empty, or nearly so.  The reason for this is simple mathematics.  There are about 20,000 regions in Second Life.  At any given time, there are about 40,000 concurrent users in world.  If we were all spread out evenly, there'd be about two avatars per region.  But, people congregate at popular places, so there are lots and lots of empty regions.  This is not entirely a bad thing.  SL was not built to handle crowds well.  Get more than 20 or so people in a region and things begin to lag.  Get 40 in, and the lag becomes very annoying.  Mainland regions only support a maximum of 50 avatars.

@ Everyone:  You CAN pick the exact piece of land you want.  You don't have to get land from Governor Linden.  If you click the "Land Sale" button on the main map legend, parcels for sale will be highlighted in yellow.  You can also use Search/Land and Rentals tab/View All Land and Rentals to find parcels for sale.  MOST land in SL is sold from one resident to another.

• Like 1

I also have been trying to find a  house that I like and in looking around find MANY houses owned by Govenor Liinden which have been abandoned.  If you find one you like, rather than keep trying and filling out the forms to acquire one and sent on a wild goose chase, why can't I purchase one of the abandoned ones.  I have the parcel number, the coordinates and is exactly what I want.  Is there no way to acquire one of the many I see setting empty?

• Like 1

On 11/8/2013 at 5:06 AM, skeeterspal Dover said:

I also have been trying to find a  house that I like and in looking around find MANY houses owned by Govenor Liinden which have been abandoned.  If you find one you like, rather than keep trying and filling out the forms to acquire one and sent on a wild goose chase, why can't I purchase one of the abandoned ones.  I have the parcel number, the coordinates and is exactly what I want.  Is there no way to acquire one of the many I see setting empty?

EXACTLY!

Like a premium user i'm in this situation for years now, not much love for us in this case sadly. It's called mainland but it's like zombie land, i barely see anyone around 10-15 sims from me. So, i wish there was a way to pick exact one we want and not random generated by the server.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Tzunny Nagy:  A lot of land in Second Life is empty, or nearly so.  The reason for this is simple mathematics.  There are about 20,000 regions in Second Life.  At any given time, there are about 40,000 concurrent users in world.  If we were all spread out evenly, there'd be about two avatars per region.  But, people congregate at popular places, so there are lots and lots of empty regions.  This is not entirely a bad thing.  SL was not built to handle crowds well.  Get more than 20 or so people in a region and things begin to lag.  Get 40 in, and the lag becomes very annoying.  Mainland regions only support a maximum of 50 avatars.

@ Everyone:  You CAN pick the exact piece of land you want.  You don't have to get land from Governor Linden.  If you click the "Land Sale" button on the main map legend, parcels for sale will be highlighted in yellow.  You can also use Search/Land and Rentals tab/View All Land and Rentals to find parcels for sale.  MOST land in SL is sold from one resident to another.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Is there a way to rent my land i have from being a premium member if i want to get a better location?

Because i would prefer some waterfront & less mainland lag/slow rezzing (even if are few peoples there is some lag sometimes). So i was think to rent the home i have atm and look for a dream location not that expensive either. But i do not want to abandon the curent place since i pay for it anyway so i was think to find someone which can rent it to. But i do not know anything about this, but now i have bigger plans (a partner & require more space, better view :D) and we want this change...

You cannot rent your Linden Home to someone else easily, because you do not actually own it.  You are renting it from Linden Lab.  If you sublet it to another person, you will have to create a group, invite that person to the group, and give that person rights to rez objects there. Even with that, though, there are functions of the house that will only respond to you, and the new renter will not have access to Live Chat for making trouble calls.  You will still be responsible if your tenant does something that violates the covenant, like using the property for a business or putting up a skybox.  Also, from a practical perspective, what SL resident is going to want to sublet a Linden Home from you rather than renting an equal size parcel and building a house of her own liking? 

It's much smarter to simply abandon the Linden Home and apply your Premium land fee waiver to the monthly fees on another 512 sq m parcel elsewhere on the mainland.  If you want to use that property as a rental parcel while you go and find somewhere else to live, that's fine.  Plenty of people do that.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.