Another freakish upload bug

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Gaia Clary wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Masami Kuramoto wrote:

Pamela, one quick question: Would you like that bug to get fixed, or are you just here to complain?

If you want it fixed, you need to be more proactive. Grab the official LL viewer to compare and find out whether this problem is specific to the TPV you are using. Then file a bug report at the appropriate place and attach your .dae file so that the developers can look at it.

I don't care if these two bugs get fixed, really, since they are merely annoying and do not affect my build, so I am here to complain.

Just curious: For what reason do you complain if you don't care to get this fixed ?

Well, just to be clear, I explicitly stated in the OP (once or twice) that I simply ignore the crazy triangle count that I have grown accustomed to.  What I was reporting -- and you can call it complaining if you like, does not matter to me -- was this weird triangle flipping.  I was reporting it out of curiosity in (very mild) hopes of finding out : 1) anyone else encountered it and 2) any clue what would make it do that?

So I guess my purpose was to a certain extent served: no one else has encountered it and no one knows what would make it do that.

Now, rest assured, since I now support my family by making and selling mesh, if there was something affecting my ability to do that, I have no reservations about making JIRAS and have done so many times, including mesh-related ones.

Drongle McMahon wrote:

I don't think I will ever agree with you and Medhue about the auto LODs. The only cases where I have found them acceptable is with things like rocks, where it doesn't really matter what triangles are removed/merged. Everyone must make up their own mind on that one. However, I would not be thinking of an oberver with rendeVolumeLODFactor of 3, because the default for anything but high graphics settings is 1.25 (last time I looked). That can make a big difference in what is acceptable. For high, it's 2. It's true that most people who know and care generally use a higher setting, but many users, especially those on less powerful machines, will be likely to be using the defaults.

I understand; I have made the decision that my market is  going to be people who keep their LOD Factor 3 or above, so that's why I keep mine there.  The only thing I have found so far that this does not work for is windows (because up til now I have made indoor furnishings only).  It works okay but I could bring the LI down a bit if my plan to make a model for the last two levels works.

ETA:  I discovered my LOD is set at 2, not 3; so I am actually building for those who have theirs set at 2 or more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.