Is there any Roleplaying schools on sl?

Naminestolenheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've never seen any schools, specifically, but there should be lots of roleplay classes around, just search for them inworld. Can also just pick up some notecards on RP etiquette, go to some busy sim and observe people for a while. Then, jump in. If you do something wrong, people may correct you, but there are tons of different ways of emoting and RPing out there, so don't worry about it.

I've seen a couple of RP schools being advertised on events pages, and on the Second Life calendar which you might want to check out. I haven't personally looked into any of these classes, and I don't know anyone that has gone to one, so I can't really tell you what they cover. I got into RPing on SL by just observing in other RP sims, getting to know their system, and just going with the flow.

There are some elitist jerks that will usually try to put you down, but don't get discouraged because it's really a learning experience. Start by going to some popular RP sims and getting a visitor tag, and just walk around and sit somewhere pretty populated (not in the middle of a gunfight or anything), and just check out how the system works there.

I RP on a couple of sims so feel free to send me an IM or a notecard in-world if you want more information on any of the ones I'm involved with.

That's why I don't want to join RPs on the SL, personally. I stopped RPing because of elitist jerks  once already, and because most people today are just..annoying in the RP universe.

I know how to RP, but RPing on SL just seems..dull and boring. It might be because you have an avatar and control it..I'm not used to rping with actual avatar people.

There's an incredible variety of RPs going with different rules, different crowds, and different approaches to RP.  And then even within each sim, the experience can vary from hour to hour depending who is in roleplay, and what they are doing. The trick to finding the one right for you is probably expressed by that great cliche, "you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince." You may have to visit a lot of sims before setting into one. And even then, a particular sim may be great when Players A, B and C are present, and then be really unwelcoming when Players D, E and F are present. So it's almost like you are rolling dice in a lot of places, and whether you 'win' or 'lose' has nothing to do with you.

Some of the larger roleplays have tips or guides or classes on their website; ours is at  http://theroadtodeadwoodcity.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Vicroria Academy may suit.  A large co-ed school.  Lot's of classes (plenty of RP in those!) and even a Mischief Society.  As well as 'normal' classes we have weekly debates, music evenings in your dinema, gym/ballet, IT unit, med centre  etc. etc.  Plus of course regular parties - from informal pool parties through to 'glam up' dances.  Visitors always welcome.

Bethany Bowenford, Deputy Head.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.