You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have NEVER heard of a child avi demanding money for adult avis cursing around them...Perhaps if you are participating in an rp with them, and this is part of the rp; or perhaps if this is one of the rules of the sim. If so, you should probably avoid that sim, and refuse to participate in their rp.

Hazel Atlas wrote:

Okay.. I have been seeing a lot of child avvies recently..

If I just so happen to curse (as mildly as 'crap' or 'darn') they seem to expect me to pay them 100L (even if I am in a Moderate or Adult Sim)... Each word, 100L... I try to avoid cursing, but paying them my hard earned money seems to be a little much..

Why is it that I don't censor them (and their ability to RP whatever they want,) but they are so willing to turn around and censor me? 

Just curious what people have to say about this topic
:)

Hey! You swear in frontuv my Zooby baby & you owe me L$1000 !!

Jeanne

A bunch of real kids at a RL LARP event I was at pulled this one once. I don't regularly swear in front of kids, certainly not at them, but this is an event I attended as an adult with a bunch of adult friends - none of us taking kids of our own. I refused to take this crap from RL kids and I'd be even less likely to take it from adults playing kids in SL.

At that point, I would have started cursing at them if it was a moderate sim. xD

That's the thing that pisses me off about roleplayers, though. Unless I'm in your sim, then don't expect me to play by your rules. You can't just create a captive audience and expect everyone to play along. :/ Especially with the money thing, that's going into borderline scam territory.

I have a few kids in sl (avi kids) and work in family friendly place. host at a club and work in a clinic/daycare and yes at the day care we do have a swear jar, but at 1-10L's you choose what to pay..... 100L's ridiculous esp for saying something like crap??? i would give a stongly worded notecard, non swearing (atleast the first one) to the owner of the sim that you had gone to where that happened. i mean there are people walking around sl who dont even have 100L's at any given time, what would they do if that was enforced? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.