How do I take my group off my name ?

Vogue14x

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You might have a tag floating above your avatar. It's not part of your display name - every time you join a group, you get a group tag for that group that floats above your name. To get rid of it, go to local chat and click the tab that says "groups," then click "None." It should be at the top. That will get rid of the floating group tag. (You'll still be a member of all your groups, but you won't have a tag floating above your name.)

People will still be able to see what groups you have joined by viewing your profile. To prevent that, you'll have to open each group profile and uncheck the box that says "show in profile."

• Like 1

If you have an active group tag then it is available for others to see.  Activating group 'none', as you've been advised is the only way to prevent this, but you need to have certain active tags for certain activities (eg; building on group land)

The viewer settings that prevent group-tag display only affect what you see, not what others see; that depends on how they have their settings.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.