Deploys for the week of 2012-04-30

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is no promotion to main channel this week. There were issues in the RC channel code that we are fixing.

Second Life Server (main channel)
No main channel upgrade this week. There will be no rolling restart.

Second Life RC BlueSteel
This is a maint-server. It is the same that was on Magnum last week. It is now on all 3 RC channels.

Second Life RC LeTigre
Same as BlueSteel.

Second Life RC Magnum
Same as BlueSteel.

We will be monitoring this thread during the next week so please feel free to post issues that you feel have been introduced by the new code. Please file a JIRA for issues you find and post the JIRA link into this thread. It really helps us out. When determining if issues are relevant or not research is key. Tracking down exactly the right situation where an issue is occurring greatly speeds up the development process to get fixes in place.
I appreciate your help. Have a good week!

__Oskar

p.s. If you are interested in helping test SecondLife in beta please join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world. We also have an email list where we communicate upcoming projects and how you can help. (https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/server-beta ) Once a week we meet on ADITI to discuss new features, new bugs, new fixes, and other fun stuff. You are more than welcome. Information is here:https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

Oskar

It is past 7:30am SLT on the day of RC rolls, the standby message is out on the GSP...but no release notes yet?  TBD at 30mins to a roll is too close for comfort.  I know LL have had a rocky few days with the core shenanigans, but please let us on the RCs know what to expect please!

Oskar

I'm seeing another little issue on the RCs.  When rezzed items are taken back into inventory, ordinarily the inventory opens to show you that it has gone to the right folder.  That has stopped happening.  The items still go back to their intended places but the inventory window does not open.

It's not serious, but it is not "expected behaviour".

Sim: Woods of Heaven (sim 27071 LeTigre)

Viewer: Firestorm 3.2.2, RLVa active

I haven't seen the attachment issue so far.

Edit May 4th 13:30pm BST: Checked and inventory window behaviour is as "expected" on Main Server sims

Noticed something else about objects taken back into inventory - previously, they "remembered" the location they were in when they were in-world and they don't seem to do this on the RC regions anymore. The Dolphin viewer has an option to return an object in inventory to its previous in-world position. This works on non-RC regions even for objects from inventory that were last in-world long ago, but when I try it on Magnum with both objects that were placed long ago and very recently (i.e. both before and after this RC version came out) the function always tries to return them to 0,0,0. Dolphin got this function from Firestorm so I assume Firestorm will be affected the same way.

You confuse me at times, I would just like to say (as honor dictates) that that was a very thoughtful thing you did in extending the body of the Http, very, but then so was llcastray, and I said so, then you disabled it for things worn and needed me to fill out a Jira, but that aside, I will wait before I take advantage of the extended body in case that's disabled to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.