IP Replacement

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Rosemaery Lorefield wrote:

Wow. That's totally NOT scary lol.

to someone that may not know any better it can be..

there were people that came to the forums worried  about it..maybe english wasn't their best language or something..but they were worried about if tey could be in trouble..

I agree, it has been mainly the ESLers who have appeared the most "freaked out."  But not all. 

But why freak out.  I made the decision years ago not to allow myself to freak out over anything and it is one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

It's like someone once said to me, 90% of the worst things that ever happen never occur.

Cause it's all in your head.

I've gotten that email two or three times.  Usually from the dances and/or the hair, which was given to me (or I picked upa t freebie places) when I started.

Since I tend to be a forum reader, between the forum postings calling for "Ban the copybots," "Don't accept stolen hair/dances/skins" and the ncs you get inworld "Help Protect Intellectual Property"..  when I first got that email, it was a kinda "Oh chit, what happened?  Are they going to ban me?"  All those links are to legal mumbo jumbo that the average new person doesn't want to be bothered reading, because it doesn't say whether or not its going to ban me for having this stuff.

So yeah, it is kind of scary if you're new.. or not even new, but not a forum reader and just go along your happy way buying stuff and getting free stuff.

By the time I got it for the 3rd time, I just said "oh well" and deleted it.   And, before people start screaming "Clean out the stolen crap from your inventory" having had damn near 20k items in the first 3 months of being in SL, I have no clue what the heck those things are named anymore, or even where they're at.  I rarely even use that name anymore.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Rosemaery Lorefield wrote:

Wow. That's totally NOT scary lol.

to someone that may not know any better it can be..

there were people that came to the forums worried  about it..maybe english wasn't their best language or something..but they were worried about if tey could be in trouble..

I agree, it has been mainly the ESLers who have appeared the most "freaked out."  But not all. 

But why freak out.  I made the decision years ago not to allow myself to freak out over anything and it is one of the best decisions that I have ever made.

It's like someone once said to me, 90% of the worst things that ever happen never occur.

Cause it's all in your head.

i don't think they were freaked out more than just asking if they were in trouble or had anything to worry about..

maybe scared is the wrong word..alarmed would have been a better choice..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.