Sign in to follow this  
Vania Chaplin

Here we go again - Logins disabled

Luc Starsider wrote:

Yepp. true.

We should also get ready to answer all the questions about not managing to log in that will follow in 'Answers'.

(I couldn't log in a couple of minutes ago...)

- Luc -

If anyone one asks just say : "Even hamsters strike around Labour Day."

they usually do this during their work hours...

it's 7:13 am PDT there right now..so a couple more hours if there are no delays..

Mean While in Second Life

Untitled.jpg

What we can't see is everyone on this conitnent dancing there little jig as the core network maintance hasn't touched us yet <_< ! ... 

Knowing my luck I'll click CTRL+Q by accident and be like AARRHRHH NOO! ._.

I work in a company that is on 24/7. Of course the majority work in normal hours - week ends and at night, there are just the minimum staff to keep things working. I wouldn't expect that LL acts different from this. :cathappy:

not sure if it is the same nowdays..but the lul times  used to start around 10pm PDT then actually pick back up around 6 or 7:00 am PDT..

but that was awhile ago..like the end of 2007 and begining of 2008..i stopped keeping track back then lol

No, we've just established only about 40% of hamsters strike around labour day.

I think.  What's labour day?  If it's the US holiday I thought it was, isn't it spelt 'labor'?  I'm all confused now :-(

Way back in the day the grid used to get turned off on a regular basis for scheduled, and unscheduled - issues.

Since coming back in 2009, I think this is the first time I've seen SL officially 'shut off' logins. At least the grid is still up for those in it.

I've seen login delays, login problems - for a few hours. But a full scale 'nobody gets in and if you rez anything its not our problem what happens' is pretty significant.

SOmething must have seriously gone wrong with their server update a few days ago. My guess is that's all fixed - and right now is the QA process to make darned sure its fixed.

Lex Solari wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that shceduling this type of thing during the day is rediculous?

Who wants to login in the morning hours? Go to work! :smileytongue:

It's 7:23 am in the west coast of USA. Here in Europe it's 5:23 pm and we cannot login. :matte-motes-frown:

/me goes and reads a book while Linden Lab is banging things...

toilet-reading.gif

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

No, we've just established only about 40% of hamsters strike around labour day.

I think.  What's labour day?  If it's the US holiday I thought it was, isn't it spelt 'labor'?  I'm all confused now :-(

memorial day will be the next big one..thats the start of the summer..then the 4th of july thats a really big one..and i think the next just regular big one is labor day for the end of the summer..

so a possible 3 strikes coming hehehe

although it does die down some in the summer anyways ..

Coby Foden wrote:

Lex Solari wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that shceduling this type of thing during the day is rediculous?

It's 7:23 am in the west coast of USA. Here in Europe it's 5:23 pm and we cannot login. :matte-motes-frown:

toilet-reading.gif

lol

i do \o/

i work nights myself and get home about 5:30 am PDT and have to get ready for mah big time org......se......ora........board meeting!!! that is planned for ummm my important sim stuffs..ya thats what i do ..sim stuffs!!! \o/

hehehehe

Coby Foden wrote:

toilet-reading.gif

I wish they would stick the old picture up on the login screen... :D

At least we could get a laugh while we couldn't log in. 

- Luc -

Coby Foden wrote:

Lex Solari wrote:

toilet-reading.gif

I'm trying to go to work but the office has shut down for scheduled maintainence! :matte-motes-evil-invert:

I usually make a habit of logging in in the morning before heading out for the day. Its annoying that I can't this morning - but understandable. I'd rather this than worse for not doing this work.

>To be fair to LL for once they've been telling us this was coming since Friday.

Where, exactly?

Of all the thousands of emails they sent me, this wasn't one of them.

I guess maybe because it's not useless information?

They told us on the grid status page.

But I wonder how many people read it. The better solution would be to put the grid status on the login screen of the viewer. That way, everybody would see it when they tried to log in.

- Luc -

PeterCanessa Oh wrote: What's labour day?  If it's the US holiday I thought it was, isn't it spelt 'labor'?  I'm all confused now :-(

err.. it' s both i think ..

/me practices: " Labor ... labour .... tomayto .... tomaahto ...

But anyway .. I' m way off here ... It' s "Tag der Arbeit" tomorrow in Germany though. Does that count ? Any of the hamsters named Fritz ?

I mean ... it IS the most logical explination to all the maintenance issues right ? Could not possibly be ... like ...erm...  human error ? :robotindifferent: