The Noob Blog

Caroline Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all

I just started a blog that shall serve as a entertaining travel and help guide for Newbies. I actually created a new account (ALT) for that specific purpose. Of course the first thing that occurred to me is the actual look of the avatar.  

This is (surprisingly) one of the standard avatars, but in new clothes. It dosent look that bad actually but the challenge I have is, that i want to create a decent unique avatar using freebies only (for now!).The reason behind that is, that many Noobs do face that very challenge in the beginning too.

So if you have any suggestions where a noob can get at least half decent skins, shapes and so on, for free! I would greatly appreciate if you would post the SLURL in the comments of my blog. Maybe with a bit of text what one get expect from the proposed shop/location etc...

Thanks in advance

Caroline

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Thinkerer

Thanks a lot! Thats excatly what I need. I see you have over a million page views since you started your blog - amazing. Did you do anything special to promote it, or is this just the result of writing a lot of content?

P.S.: I added your site as well. Anybody else?

I do lots to promote it --look on the table of contents (link is at the bottom of every post).  Look in the section on promotion.  Promotion is 50% of everything.   Content is of no value to people who don't know about it.

Blogs I would recommend for your blogroll are those you see listed in my blogroll.

TKR  

Some shops have special offers for avatars under the age of 30 days. Sometimes its a free skin, a free outfit or a complete avatar. Also a look at the marketplace is always worth a try, there are some good qualitiy freebies or 1L offers.

Hi

Yes , I  did that and got lots of stuff , I will be working on the avi now and present the result here when done.

In the meantime have a look at my second blog post "I am ugly!" m hopy you enjoy:

It is meant to be entertaining, do you like the writing style? English is not my native language hence the question: Is it well enough writen in English?

Yes why not

Re-Noob yourself!

By the way I became a hairdresser now:

In the meantime a lot happend. I changed my looks again. Got some great stuff from somebody totatlly free. Also I am no longer a virgin and I did a review about a cool beach in Second lIfe.

But have a look yourself , its all on the blog.

All right

Caroline goes facebook!

I have seen the odd Avatar with a facebook account. I don't mean the RL person behind that avatar, I mean actually a profil and/or fanpage for an avatar. Whilst I do not know how many there are of those accounts on facebook, I decided to give it a go anyway and promote my blog via a fanpage.

So here is carols Fanpage, if you like the page you get the newest articles on your own wall. Bear in mind there might be the odd bit of adult content on it. However my settings of the page are set to visitors 18+ only.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caroline-Resident/125718810897071

I know there are tousands of twitter accounts from Avatars, hence a twitter account is next on the List.

Do you guys use facebook or twitter as an avatar? If so why?

• 2 weeks later...

The first month of the life of this blog is over. Result so far: 4.000 page views. Not too bad for a brand new blog.  I would like to take that opportunity to ask you a question:

What topics are you new guys interested in?

So far I covered a bit about freebies, party places, roleplay, a bit about sex, a bit about shopping and about my latest discovery: aviation in Second Life. Until now the most popular article was:  Lets talk about sex. Surprise, surprise, you naughty lot, you! The busiest day,  howeve was the day I published the article about Gor.

Sex and Gor – is that what people really want to read about? Give me some hints what topics you would like to read about. More of the same or something totally different?

Please leave a comment.

carolinestravels wrote:

Hi

Yes , I  did that and got lots of stuff , I will be working on the avi now and present the result here when done.

In the meantime have a look at my second blog post "I am ugly!" m hopy you enjoy:

It is meant to be entertaining, do you like the writing style? English is not my native language hence the question: Is it well enough writen in English?

i am ugly? phffff

nobody is ugly just not quite quality enought for some of us. 

in order to find quality freebies you have to search. but my suggestion is get a promoting job. such as go around and tell people about a certian event happening or some store sale. and get paid for that. some people allow that.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.