Sign in to follow this  
LuciaRiley

Classes for BDSM

There certainly are classes and discussion groups.  Do a search in world for BDSM groups (rather than places) and you should locate a few.

However, I'm not a huge fan of any of them.  BDSM is as varied as the people doing it.  Ask any five people what's the "right" way to do Dominance/submission or BDSM, and you'll get six answers...and probably none of them is right for YOU.

The way to find out what/who you like is to just do it.  This is very low risk in SL, since you always have the option to simply say "enough", or just hit CTRL+Q and log off.  Plus you don't even have bruises or rope burns to explain.

Finding the right partner is the key, just as it is in any romantic/emotional/sexual relationship.  You have to sort through a lot of junk to find the diamond.

I would advise you to visit the Adult HUB, especially the BDSM section (location in my picks). It has a lot of information and helpful guides and greeters (disclaimer, I'm one of them).
Associated with it is A.C.E.S., a group organising regular discussion and lecture sessions about topics of interest to the D/s community.

Yes, as said the scene is so different there's no one way to live or teach it. But some things can be taught. Security, information about different fetishes, technical information about how things work in sl (RLV, etc.).

And of course we try to teach people that there's a lot more to it than having sex with tied up gals :)