Adult photos in Linden Homes?

Setekh Ichtama

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

As we said before - and as you'll read in most comments there - Linden Lab have never been clear and consistent in the policy.  To my knowledge you are allowed to have such things in your home for private use.  Whether LL have decided to tighten-up on that or not they haven't told us.  The one thing LL are worse at than being consistent is communicating with their customers.

At worst they'll just return the items to you though.  Unless you start trying to run a brothel and are inviting everyone in with big flashing 'orgy' signs you're not going to get in trouble about it.

If you're worried about something then just don't put it out, or write to LL directly (snail mail, email or support ticket will do).  Don't hold your breath for a clear, definitive answer though.

• Like 2

The mature rating policy is:

Moderate Parcel_lght_M.png

Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life. Dance clubs, bars, stores and malls, galleries, music venues, beaches, parks, and other spaces for socializing, creating, and learning all support a Moderate designation so long as they do not host publicly promoted adult activities or content and do not use adult search tags. Groups, events and classifieds that relate to this broad range of activities and themes generally should also be designated as Moderate.

Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search.

I highlighted the applicable part to this situation in red.  Since a residence is private, as long as it isn't in search with adult tags, or the adult pictures are displayed outside, it's ok IMO.  Occasionally you hear about a new Linden returning things to their owners of this nature, but i think they are just not very familiar with the policy and are being overzealous.

As far as camming, if someone is rude enough to spy into a private home outside a G rated region by camming, they can't complain about what they see!

• Like 1

Adding my thoughts to the great previous answers.

I think the big problem is the vagueness of LL (see perfect Peter answer) here ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ ):

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

What's "art not sexual"?? What's "non-sexualized"??

Is this sexual? Is this nude art sexual? And this? Of course there are countless more examples possible.

With the vagueness of LL policies about this issue, I think it's impossible answer your (very interesting) question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.