Sign in to follow this  
Pamela Galli

About my door physics shape

I have double french doors; I made this physics shape for one:

Screen shot 2012-04-28 at 11.16.37 AM.png

so for the other door I rotated this one 180, but it does not upload rotated, so does not fit the door.

Anyone have a clue about this?

Did you do the rotation in Object mode? Object mode transformations, which appear as transformations of the <node> in collada, are ignored by the uploader. Either do the rotation in Edit mode, or apply it to the object data before exporting.

I am not sure, Drongle, and will check -- but I looked at the picture on the .dae file icon and it is rotated.  Just in the uploade window it is not applied with that rotation.

As usual, I need to be more accurate. In fact, a single transformation is used for all the meshes, LOD and physics. This includes the object-mode rotation and scaling of the high LOD mesh. For the other meshes, lower LODs and physics, they are first stretched or squeezed to fit the bounding box of the high LOD mesh, and then rotated and scaled the same way the high LOD mesh was. Their own object-mode transformations are lost in this process.

Thus, on thinking a bit more, I'm not quite sure how this applies in this case. It depends whether you also rotated the high LOD mesh, and in which mode.

With multiple objects, each separate mesh (object in blender) is also moved to it's correct relative position in the linkset or coa;esced object. Once again, it is the high LOD meshes transformations that are used here.

This is the first Blender-made physics shape I have made. I don't really understand what you just said but that is my fault not yours. :-)

Thank you Rusalka -- I did apply that.  And the .dae file is properly rotated.  It is in the upload viewer that it is not rotated correctly.

It is a bit difficult. Let me try again. The main points are that the uploader ignores transformations (scale, rotate, move, flip) applied at the Object level, except for the high LOD mesh. The object-level transformations of the high LOD mesh are remembered and applied to the whole collection of LOD and physics meshes when the object is rezzed. The object-level transformations of all the other meshes are simply ignored. Consequently, if you want to transform the other meshes, relative to the high LOD mesh, you have to apply the transformations at the edit level. This can be done either directly or by explicitly applying the transformations to the object data.

Hoping to make this a bit more clear, I have made this figure. The yellow arrow is the high LOD mesh, and the blue one is the physiucs mesh (or any other LOD mesh). The left column shows what they look like in Blender, with either no transformation (-), or Object-level (o) or Edit-level (e) rotation about the z axis. In the middle is what gets uploaded and downloaded, with the stored transformation shown by the green twist arrow, which is derived from the high LOD object-level transformation. On the right is the result rezzed in SL after application of the stored transformation (red twist arrows). I did recheck all these scenarios in the latest viewer.

eotrandforms.png

• Like 1

Thank you Drongle -- it is amazingly generous of you to go to this trouble! And not only here but so often -- I appreciate it very much!