About my door physics shape

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As usual, I need to be more accurate. In fact, a single transformation is used for all the meshes, LOD and physics. This includes the object-mode rotation and scaling of the high LOD mesh. For the other meshes, lower LODs and physics, they are first stretched or squeezed to fit the bounding box of the high LOD mesh, and then rotated and scaled the same way the high LOD mesh was. Their own object-mode transformations are lost in this process.

Thus, on thinking a bit more, I'm not quite sure how this applies in this case. It depends whether you also rotated the high LOD mesh, and in which mode.

With multiple objects, each separate mesh (object in blender) is also moved to it's correct relative position in the linkset or coa;esced object. Once again, it is the high LOD meshes transformations that are used here.

It is a bit difficult. Let me try again. The main points are that the uploader ignores transformations (scale, rotate, move, flip) applied at the Object level, except for the high LOD mesh. The object-level transformations of the high LOD mesh are remembered and applied to the whole collection of LOD and physics meshes when the object is rezzed. The object-level transformations of all the other meshes are simply ignored. Consequently, if you want to transform the other meshes, relative to the high LOD mesh, you have to apply the transformations at the edit level. This can be done either directly or by explicitly applying the transformations to the object data.

Hoping to make this a bit more clear, I have made this figure. The yellow arrow is the high LOD mesh, and the blue one is the physiucs mesh (or any other LOD mesh). The left column shows what they look like in Blender, with either no transformation (-), or Object-level (o) or Edit-level (e) rotation about the z axis. In the middle is what gets uploaded and downloaded, with the stored transformation shown by the green twist arrow, which is derived from the high LOD object-level transformation. On the right is the result rezzed in SL after application of the stored transformation (red twist arrows). I did recheck all these scenarios in the latest viewer.

eotrandforms.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.