Marketplace down again?

Apollite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe they were just doing some cleanup and restared the services resulting in a short outage. Seems to be there for me.

More worrisome is:

Domain name: secondlife.com ...Whois Server: whois.ascio.comCreation Date: 29-APR-2002Updated Date: 07-APR-2011Expiration Date: 29-APR-2012

Ann Otoole wrote:

Maybe they were just doing some cleanup and restared the services resulting in a short outage. Seems to be there for me.

More worrisome is:
Domain name: secondlife.com ...Whois Server: whois.ascio.comCreation Date: 29-APR-2002Updated Date: 07-APR-2011Expiration Date: 29-APR-2012

And the 29th is on a Sunday (tomorrow). Wouldn't it be something if someone forgot to renew it. I'll be tickled pink if it happens :smileyvery-happy:

To be honest this incarnation of The Marketplace is comparatively recent and has never worked very well.  Highest amongst its faults has been the number of reported failed deliveries, with no way for the merchants to check whether things really failed or what else might have happened.  This only started when LL replaced the perfectly-good XStreet SL ecommerce site with the new software.  As usual for LL they half-implemented it and then lost interest in functionality so they started to make it all shiny and advertise it a lot even though it doesn't work very well, or at all.

The biggest effects of The Marketplace and the way LL have pushed it, have been a) lots of in-world shops lost customers and weren't worth the rent/tier so closed down, b) whole areas of SL became deserted because the only thing people were spending on was their 'homes', c) even more people got fed-up with how unreliable/fraudulent SL was even though in-world transactions remained as reliable as ever (not perfect, but close).

LL's latest wheeze to get their failed Marketplace software to work is Direct Delivery, but it's too soon to tell if they'll make it work or get bored halfway through again.  Meanwhile ... well, you've seen what the service is like while they introduce it.

What SHOULD happen if Marketplace is unavailable is that we all happily run around in SL, meet each other, visit shops, join promotions, buy things and generally have a 3D virtual world.  Like we used to before the recession and the marketplace took so much out of SL itself.

Yeah, there's been soo many answer questions and forum threads about items not being received. I think it needs to change for both old and new SL users.  I was annoyed only cause I chose to pay with paypal. I'm glad the LL staff took that serious and sent me the items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.