Sign in to follow this  
LuciaRiley

Are there actual HELPFUL lands / helpers?

Sick of the "newcomer" lands being full of people who don't help new people, or ignore you even if you speak. Is there an actual helpful land or group of people? 

Yes there are tons of helpful groups - I am sure others will suggest more but off the bat I would suggest the Builders Brewery, New Citizens Inc and Caledon Oxbridge University Group. The last two have avatar makeover classes and lots of stuff for very new people, and the Builders Brewery runs classes for people new to building. If you can't find them in search look up my profile and double click on them in my groups.

I often take people to NCI for help as they can walk them through rezzing stuff. I have landed in the adult hub before and seen people trying to spam people with groups. People with tags saying they are new but from the look of them and their AO obviously very experienced. I hand out garlic necklaces every time I see a noob. Let them make up their own minds about BL rather than being tricked into it. 

Spamming people with group invitations or bite requests is against the rules at the Adult Hubs, and we do enforce those rules quite vigorously.   If anyone does get spammed there, they should complain to anyone wearing a staff nametag, and it will be dealt with.