My avatar won't rez.

Keykey Underwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You may find that the bake fail problem comes back repeatedly, even after you fix it with one of the suggestions at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail . If so, you have a chronically weak Internet connection. There are many steps to take for repairing it. Perhaps the simplest ones -- ones that work best for most people -- are: (1) Don't Use WIRELESS. Wireless connections are inherently less stable than direct cable connections and are more vulnerable to interference. Then, (2) Reboot your router. Unplug it from the power for a few minutes to let it clear its RAM. Then plug it back in and let it get a fresh hold on an IP address.

• Like 1

I know this is an old thread, but the problem still occurs and I thought to share a remedy I just implemented for having issues with this for a couple days with one of my Avatars. 

Being it was one avatar and not all of my avatars, led me to reason, that for my personaly situtation it was not my connection. 

My fix was very easy once discovered. Hopefully it is the remedy for others who discover themselves in this fustrating dilema. 

I realized edit shape was not offered when I went to edit my AV. 

My Fix; find a shape and click wear, whalla I was back. 

Seems my shape was not on???? Or ghosted, who knows. 

Hope this helps whoever finds themselves here with a ghostly blob for their avatar. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.