State of the marketplace

Flea Yatsenko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah, definitely. I was planning on removing them from my main store as to not clutter things up. I don't know how anyone can buy anything on marketplace. Just trying to search for mesh baggies creates a disaster. You get everything that's either mesh or baggy or baggies. Adding pants to the mix only makes it more chaotic, as all of a sudden you're looking at women's avatar pants that just have in world textures on in world pants.

Sometimes I wonder how my sales would be if people could actually find products on the marketplace in general. I've resorted to using long combinations of words in object titles to make it easier to find a unique item. That feeling when you're looking for something and you see 5 pages of variations is awful.

And yes, a feature to group items by color has been requested for as long as I can remember, and it hasn't happened. It should be the next major feature to come out if you ask me. It would make customer's lives a ton easier

Howdy, Flea!

From the other thread, you wanted me to comment in THIS post (I think): 

I had a great month last month!  All my top sellers stayed at the top and I had some other things that had never sold before start selling!  So all in all, I'm pretty pleased with things from last month. 

I converted to direct delivery on the first day it rolled out and aside from the normal; "I can't delete these old unassociated items because the system keeps giving me an error!" problem, I had no issues migrating.

I've had absolutely no "Delivery Failed" orders since I converted.  I looked this afternoon when I got off work and I had one "Delivery Paritally Failed" order, but the item from MY store delivered and I was credited for that item.  It was probably an item still in a magic box that failed and that's why that order shows delivery partially failed.

That is exactly what I would have expected to happen if someone had a silently malfunctioning magic box.

We are both in the same situation, as the switch from Magic Box to DD has improved my sales and I've seen things that have been in a magic box for over half a year without selling suddenly start selling.

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad to know I have at least one other person who has experienced what I have. Magic Boxes did have massive issues and I'm glad to see there's evidence to support my theory and I'm not going crazy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.