Basics for Mesh clothing creation!

veragr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/25/2012 at 9:15 PM, veragr said:

"I believe that creating mesh must be not so difficult as it seems because there are a lot of people there in SL that create mesh clothing..."

Hmm I don't see the logic in this sentence. But maybe you don't see much people creating really gorgeous Mesh-clothing. Creating average (or even ugly) clothing might seem easy, It's not. Making the most beautiful and well designed stuff is hard. But if you think it's easy ... well go ahead surprise us! 

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2018 at 12:43 PM, anna2358 said:

Unless you are Chinese.

Yes. well, I learned to SPEAK french, but I can't really read or write it... and I got a D in my grammar class...  so where does that leave me?   It seems that anything you need to learn has a learning curve.  SL has a significant one.  It doesn't surprise me too much that something like creating mesh is complex.  It's why I waited until I thought i had mastered the basics of SL before even thinking about Blender and company!  (Yes, I've been around a while).  Tried basic building in my first months and just about wanted to pull my hair out.  Now, some of those tasks seem trivial, while others I manage with a bit of effort.  It is still a learning process. I'm gonna do the best I can and see how far that takes me.   If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.  Since everyone isn't doing it, I'm assuming it's not easy. 

Will let you know what I learn. Assuming I survive it... and the lovely Covid 19!! At least, if I'm obsessing over Blender, I will have less time to worry about viruses and my investments...  you know... the nasty medical/economic mess we've found ourselves in.  Hard is having a relative in a nursing home you cannot visit or worse, losing said relative to a dread disease.  Fortunately, I don't have that issue at the moment.  This? It's just work.  One step at a time.

Blue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.