Auto Return on Land?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if I have all objects on my land owned by myself (owner) as well as 1 or 2 objects set to group which the land is deeded to and I turn auto return on my land will it work without sending my stuff back to me or do I need everything to be either just group owned or land owner owned. For example I have my house set to group but my other things like trees not set to group but belong to me and I am the land owner. If I set my land to auto return will it send the non group items back to me?

All objects that are not set to the land owning group will be returned.

This means that for your objects to stay on the land you must either rezz them with the right group activated, or else you have to set the group maually by clicking on the little spanner behind ´group´ on the general tab of the edit window.

Do not deed your objects to the group. You no longer own them if you do and, if you forgot to set the next owner permissions just right, you won´t be able to edit them either.

Unfortunately, yes, it will. When land is deeded to a group, you are not really the owner any more, the group is --at least, as far as the permissions system is concerned-- and anything with the wrong group or no group at all will be subject to autoreturn.

But there is a quick solution: Set the right group to everything on your land. Depending on the size of your land, you can select everything or do it part by part and just set the group for the whole at once. (Use both "Select by surrounding" and "Select only my objects".)

Edit: Ron and I posted at the same time apparently... And he is right to remind you: Do not touch the "Deed" button!

Ok I am SLviewer 3 and don't see any of these tabs. I select all my objects and they are all highlighted but then what. I see nothing to set them to group? I want to do it in mass because I have grassea and trees 50 plus objects to set to group?

I have 50 plus things not set to group like small grass and trees and want to set them to group in mass but have no clue how to do it. I am official SL viewer 3. If I screw it up it will be a disaster of a half sim of stuff returned to me ugh

Well if you are good at the edit window you can still save this. Rez a cube, stay in build mode and drag the stuff out of the lost and found folder, as one piece. STAY in build/edit mode and put it all approximately into place. You might have to fine tune it but that is a lot better than starting over. Good luck.

If land has auto return on then, anything not set to group will be returned once land is deeded. When land is just set to a group the owner's stuff will stay. Set, deeded, it is two different things. It can be confusing.

Even more confusing your stuff does not have to be deeded to stay, only set.

That is true. It won't be returned when you deed the land, if you only set a radio. But the stream won't work either. Media stuff has to be deeded for the scripts to work if it is on group land.

Make sure the radio is copy because if that is ever returned by someone else you will lose no copy deeded objects.

It just gets better and better!  Lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4381 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.