Sign in to follow this  
Maryanne Solo

This.. ^^

These are fantastic photos that grace the secondlife.com home page.  Our very own DJ Venus Petrov is featured on both the secondlife.com page AND the new cover photo on the facebook front page.  This is a great tribute to all the DJ's that work so hard to make SL a better place.

Congratulations to DJ Venus and the other people who are part of this display.  

The link to facebook: http://www.facebook.com/secondlife

Great photo by Ivoni Miles**

Oh cool!

Anyone can get on there then?

Did you happen to mean DJ Venus by chance? *snorts

Must be different pics for different regions. I haven't seen that one before.

It's the composition of the image, not the individual pictured that has been the topic of recent discussion.

Isn't a singing DJ karaoke?

:catlol:

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Oh cool!

Anyone can get on there then?

Did you happen to mean DJ Venus by chance? *snorts

Must be different pics for different regions. I haven't seen that one before.

It's the composition of the image, not the individual pictured that has been the topic of recent discussion.

Isn't a singing DJ karaoke?

Yes, it is very cool.  I, too, like the chosen music pictures as stated above.

And no, not ANYONE because anyone did not get chosen.  The photos are fantastic as they really capture the spirit of SL.

The composition of the images by all the photographers is something to be commended, however, the composition with DJ Venus was also selected for the facebook home page. 

SInging DJ's are what they are... karaoke is for wannabe singers. 

Thank you for this great OP that captures the wonderful images of SL and the people who help make it such a wonderful place.  To all the photographers, musicians, and DJ's  (even the ones that were not chosen.)

Hurray for DJ Venus, too.

Here is the post Nalates did on the current music photos, I think they are great.

http://blog.nalates.net/2012/04/12/second-life-interesting/#more-7052

Before the music it was Gogo's photos

http://juicybomb.com/2012/03/02/sl-start-page/

and before that we had fairies :)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/New-homepage-image-Looks-good-this-time/m-p/1386021#M51293

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51510227@N03/6865308541/

So all in all I think the photos that are being used are fantastic!

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Here is the post Nalates did on the current music photos, I think they are great.

and before that we had fairies
:)

^^ This!

Great links Charolotte.   The themes seem to be attracting much attention; Nalates blog, as you listed above, has a good write-up on the music theme.  It also has voting --  I wanted to vote for everyone!  

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

and before that we had fairies
:)

You are absolutely right, Charolotte, it's great to see decent and lovely pictures - made by and featuring  residents on the various sites. I think the one on the homepage is rotating with a music theme this time. I also loved the one featuring Gogo last month.

On facebook, already mentioned, the official page has the pic of Ivoni Miles - featuring DJ Venus at the moment as their cover image and they use a portrait made by Strawberry Singh as their profile pic. Wonderful!

fb sl cover april2012.JPG

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

On facebook, already mentioned, the official page has the pic of Vivoni Miles - featuring DJ Venus at the moment as their cover image and they use a portrait made by Strawberry Singh as their profile pic. Wonderful!

Yes, Strawberry describes in her post how anyone can submit their photo to be used as SL's Facebook profile pic

http://strawberrysingh.com/2012/04/23/second-life-facebook-page/

It is a great way to get everyone's face out there. 

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

On facebook, already mentioned, the official page has the pic of Vivoni Miles - featuring DJ Venus at the moment as their cover image and they use a portrait made by Strawberry Singh as their profile pic. Wonderful!

Yes, Strawberry describes in her post how anyone can submit their photo to be used as SL's Facebook profile pic

Oy! I must have missed that blogpost...thanks for sharing. Needless to say I will go through my pics and see what  I have  to share..hehehe!

Charolotte Caxton wrote:
Yes, Strawberry describes in her post how
anyone can submit their photo
to be used as SL's Facebook profile pic

Oh great! I have never seen the SL facebook page. I'll have to have a look sometime soon. Ty Charolotte.