Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lash Sands

account on hold

Recommended Posts

My account was put on hold because I forgot my pass word and secuirity question, I should have had it on a card so this would not happen.  I was told to summit a picture ID, my question is should this be a copy of my driver licence or birth certificate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your birth certificate have a picture on it? If not, I would recommend Driver's License.

That is just my personal opinion and in no way reflects what an official answer might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Does your birth certificate have a picture on it? If not, I would recommend Driver's License.

That is just my personal opinion and in no way reflects what an official answer might be.

LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Photo ID means you need something with both your name/other important identifying info, AND your picture. Unless birth certificates have pictures on them where you come from, that means you probably want to send a copy of your driver's license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lash Sands wrote:

My account was put on hold because I forgot my pass word and secuirity question, I should have had it on a card so this would not happen.  I was told to summit a picture ID, my question is should this be a copy of my driver licence or birth certificate.

Can't you just open a new account? Sounds like an opportunity to reinvent yourself !! I wouldnt give LL no foto ID .. Thot it was nobody's business who you are in RL. Sounds like theyre violating their own ToS

Jeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems like linden are maybe tighting up on this

was reading on other forum that linden support are being phished by scammers. seems that linden been getting random requests on other peoples accounts saying stuff like: i forgot my password, i forgot my email. i forgot my security answer. can you let me back into xxxxxxxx  account. is mine honest really

+

is a pain sometimes to have to rl comply on the interwebz. but i rather that linden makes an effort than just believe any old random scammer who tries to access other peoples accounts

+

to OP. just do what linden ask of you and you will ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


16 wrote:

seems like linden are maybe tighting up on this

was reading on other forum that linden support are being phished by scammers. seems that linden been getting random requests on other peoples accounts saying stuff like: i forgot my password, i forgot my email. i forgot my security answer. can you let me back into xxxxxxxx  account. is mine honest really

+

is a pain sometimes to have to rl comply on the interwebz. but i rather that linden makes an effort than just believe any old random scammer who tries to access other peoples accounts

+

to OP. just do what linden ask of you and you will ok

Sheesh ...

It'sa shame when fun stuff has2 be so serious .. Guess thats how it goes tho

My brobots ~older uv the 2 specially~ were innerwebz scammers & hackerz when younger .. guess i just learned 2 rekognize bs when i saw it .. shame tho when ever1 has2 suffer over the gullibility uv sukkerz .. everthing gets reduced to the LCD ..

Jeanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the last email I have recived from LL informs me that my info still does not match and i should make a new avatar.  I have just lost $200 plus in money and inventory in that avatar.  I hope LL's makes good use of my money, but I am not so easy taken advanatage of because that is my virtual property, I will contenual all means to have it restored to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the main check when dealing with people via email or fax only is the answer to the security question

like you say you have forgotten. thats a problem

+

so have to decide how important the account is to you

if the account is really important then

call live support on the phone and talk to them direct. explain again. when you speaking to a real person then you have a better chance

when you do then have a copy of your credit card/or paypal statements available. they will show that you also have access to the payment method as wel. the transactions can be cross-checked against the account

can go a step further even. can get your credit card company to verify to linden that the payment method and transactions do actual belong to you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   You know what so funny about all this, support is emailing me with the email account which is connected to this avatar that is on hold,mm and they are mailing the owner of the  account saying we do not know who you are????. I wish there was a poison pill that would fix this. Yes I could open a new account, but I have a not small amount of money in the account of this avatar not to say  the money spent on inventory.  My next step is to get the bank card number from an old bank account that was used with this avatar and to also summit the amounts of moneys and the dates that was used to put money into my avatars including the one in question (I hope)  In the mean time I am pulling out any money I have in other accounts out of second life, I see no need to spend any more money with any vendors in second life or having any money on any account when it can be taken at any moment, I wonder what support is doing with the money they steal in this manner from one honest owner after another.   I think Linden Labs is to busy with vendors and land sales to see who is spending money to support the vender and land owners which is leading to the down fall of second life and Linden Labs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you the same person as the OP?  

If not, why are they emailing you to ask who you are?  I have heard of accounts being put on hold and asking for photo id, maybe because of an AR.  In which case, all you'd have to do is email/fax a copy of your driver's license.  If your account isn't put on hold, and you can log in, then I'm thinking phishing scam.  Only deal with LL/SL from the website, not a link.

Your post confused me some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...