A question about V3 windows

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

By "V3 windows", I mean such things as the Profile pop-up window - specifically the script/notecard view/edit window.

I've just been forced into using LL's V3 and I don't suppose there's a way to move the pop-up windows outside the viewer itself, is there?

I hate the way that every LL viewer since the V1 unnecessarily wastes so much space. It's really bad design - not designed suitable for purpose.

If you get fed up with interface items blocking your view I suggest using CTRL+SHFT+U .

Very handy to get rid of too much windowcluttering in your viewer by keycombo. Other keycombo' s ( CTRL+H for general chat , CTRL+T for IMs ,CTRL+I for inventory , yaddihyaddah ... ) will still work .

(ETA : Only applies to LL V3 viewer afaik.)

No. I never really needed to do it with V1s, or rather, it didn't occur to me. It's just that going from V1 windows to V3 windows highlights how space-wasting the V3 ones are.

An external LSL editor is an option that I just went into - I downloaded 'LSL Editor'. I don't know how useful it will be for the thing I'm working on but I'm going to suck it and see.

That ctrl-shift-u is rather cool, and new to me. It doesn't help with this particular problem because I want the script editor window open but using as little space as possible. Moving it outside the confines of the viewer, and onto the next monitor, would be ideal, but I don't think it can be done.

I've got a solution (someone in another thread provided it).

We can set an external editor for editing scripts and notecards (a programme on our own computers). Doing it that way allows me to have the editor on one screen and SL on the other. Saving a scipt/notecard in the external editor, updates the SL version. It's not perfect but, by comparison to nothing, it's brilliant.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.