How do some avatars become famous?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Several people come to mind.  As stated previous fame is subjective. 

Imnotgoing Sideways

Daniel Voyager

Wasted Engineer

A few others whom it may be best to leave unnamed lest we call them back from the grave.

Is there not a belief in some cultures that if you know a persons real name it gives you power over them?

If you believe the folklore of the bogeyman , I dare you to say Wasted'  name at midnight in front of a miror 3 times ... :robotindifferent:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Tiffy Vella wrote:

.Prokofy Neva
(
inf.
)

Infamous ?

I found out at the very least he' s a quick, precise, generous,and effective landlord who' s not just out on Linden. That' s no reason for infamy.

I second that!  Prok may have been infamous on the forums for her rants but in-world she's an excellent person to rent from.

Perhaps I should have said that Prok is famous for one set of behaviours, and infamous for another. :)

Knowl Paine wrote:

Ok.... :matte-motes-angry:    (1) Point for the Ladies. She ( the Governess) is a she. :smileyindifferent:

Philip and the Guys 
                (2) Point

Governess and the Ladies
    (1) Point

Philip wrote in two points for the Guys into the source code, it can't be modified.
Sorry Ladies. :smileyvery-happy:

it's not that big of a deal really..

just thought i would ask when your list it reminded of the question i had been curious about..

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Could I add Dizzy Banjo...Bettina Tizzy...YadNi Monde....Random Calliope....Tizzers Foxchase (inf.)....Prokofy Neva
(
inf.
)......
omg...we're making a....."THE LIST"

But a second after i click "post" ill remember all the ones I forgot.

yes. is heaps of people can add to this kind of list. is quite cool to see what names are added. why they are famous or legendary or memorable or just bc for whatever reason the poster thinks they are worth mentioning

is like a honor roll in some ways

Who would I add to the famous list?

Amethyst Rosencrans, maybe.  I get the impression she's more widely known outside the BDSM community than are several other content creators who are household names, but only in a particular sort of household.

Stiletto Moody, maybe, and Bax Coen.

Maybe, actually, Phil Deakin too - - I'd heard of Phil and his low prim furniture well before I discovered the forums (though the fact his name is very similar to that of a guy I know in RL might have made me notice it more). And I do remember the days when he had search so well figured out that you could hardly look for anything without seeing his store in the top two or three places, no matter what you were looking for.

So that's where your youtube videos went. I love those things though. They made me smile when I needed one. 

You can make some money off them if you add things to it like a song link or an ad.

If they are somewhere else I hope you will let people know. Fame is a nasty byproduct like they make hot dogs out of but some people do enjoy what is done with it.

There is no famous person in Second Life.

I'm pretty well known around my own family household, extended family, workplace and neighbourhood, but that doesn't make me famous.  

Stop a random person in the street while out today and ask them to name somebody famous from Second Life and enjoy their blank stare.  

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

And there's no point to this "are they famous or not?" stuff - the other day Mellita posted about some actor that had died.  Apparently terribly famous in the USA.  Unheard of outside it]

Indeed; fame is relative. (Jonathan Frid btw.)

When you're famous enough they tend to spell your name right. hehe (Two Ls in Mellitus, one in Melita)

This topic has turned into the SL fora version of Prok's FIC list.

to "Sode Lemondrop"

so that is what happen to you,I even still have all yor gestures you made.

But lets not make lite of the fact you had 100s of people following you around to make move funny movies.

You are gifted with being funny ,but  you kind of freaked out of no where leaving a bunch of people waiting for you to release a movie you temped us with , had a bunch of us help you make it...then never put it on youtube and closed your channel and  droped your AV and account...

Not falling for it this time...in my book you just like to play games with people and had 200 on a string waiting on that movie we never got to see....I call you a @sshole but that would not be nice :)

Which is why some people duck out of the public eye...

Like in real life when someone is on a sitcom a year or two and the paparazzi show them decades later mocking how they got fat, or bald, or whatever.  Doesn't that sound like fun?

I agree w/Soda on that: I will take money any day but it would take twice as much as normal, to put up with that.

Knowl Paine wrote:

Ok.... :matte-motes-angry:    (1) Point for the Ladies. She ( the Governess) is a she. :smileyindifferent:

Philip and the Guys 
                (2) Point

Governess and the Ladies
    (1) Point

Philip wrote in two points for the Guys into the source code, it can't be modified.
Sorry Ladies. :smileyvery-happy:

thereis a scoreboard?

Conora wrote:

good way to start not getting famous is to not start forum topics with 10+ pages

btw does enyone know me ?
:P
  sold over 3000 avatars (ComiQ Con)

hehe im the oposite i wanted a thread to last more than 10 pages.

and no i havent seen ur avis but i have spent over 3k on my current avi.

btw. does anyone know me? sold only 7 guestures   :P

Melita Magic wrote:

Which is why some people duck out of the public eye...

Like in real life when someone is on a sitcom a year or two and the paparazzi show them decades later mocking how they got fat, or bald, or whatever.  Doesn't that sound like fun?

I agree w/Soda on that: I will take money any day but it would take twice as much as normal, to put up with that.

I agree Melita!

Peace!

Melita Magic wrote:

Indeed; fame is relative. (Jonathan Frid btw.)

When you're famous enough they tend to spell your name right. hehe (Two Ls in Mellitus, one in Melita)

• Keep saying that, it might stick one day
  • Doh!  I even second-guessed myself and edited my post to put the second 'l' in :-( Sorry about that
  • Yeaahhhh Prok - fame squared and still getting more mentions :-)

Melita Magic wrote:

is a little bit different

an F from Prokofy means you feted by linden. we still working out what this F means. so far F for never heard of them, is winning. jejejejeje (:

Melita Magic wrote:

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Oh--I must add that I just met Elvis inworld (am never washing my left hand ever again!!!)

What exactly did you do with him?  :matte-motes-agape:

Thankyou for making me lose a mouthful of morning coffee. I really want to salvage any good reputation by establishing that I reached out as he passed and touched the hem of his shiny shiny sequinny coat. Then promptly fainted on the club floor.

It wasn't the best choice of place to collapse. Woke up all sore and sticky.

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

I have no idea who are so famous that are known all across the grid. lol

If you are very active on the web, writing blogs, post comments on others blogs, having accounts on social network sites, Flickr, youtube and what not, you may become very famous among those people who engage in the same activities, but there are many more people who are not interested in those things, so to those people you would remain unknown.

Very well said..

..and you didnt have to resort to insults about the OP. Bravo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.