How do some avatars become famous?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Love this thread.

Makes me wonder if in Second Life we are not all "Legends In Our Own Minds."

Is the word 'Famous" synonymous with 'Well Known?'  There are definitely some Ava's who are 'better known,' many who have been mentioned here, who have contributed to making Second Life a better place.

The real unsung heroes of Second Life are those who on a regular daily basis stop what they are doing to help others enjoy what Second Life has to offer.

Pay it forward, pay it forward.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Love this thread.

Makes me wonder if in Second Life we are not all "Legends In Our Own Minds."

Is the word 'Famous" synonymous with 'Well Known?'  There are definitely some Ava's who are 'better known,' many who have been mentioned here, who have contributed to making Second Life a better place.

The real unsung heroes of Second Life are those who on a regular daily basis stop what they are doing to help others enjoy what Second Life has to offer.

you make things so easy for me to understand perrie i add you to said well know list.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Oh .. could sing to them all day , but  my friends have sensitive ears and my singing is awful. Besides that I respect their privacy too much.

You' re absolutely right though.

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Tiffy Vella wrote:

.Prokofy Neva
(
inf.
)

Infamous ?

I found out at the very least he' s a quick, precise, generous,and effective landlord who' s not just out on Linden. That' s no reason for infamy.

I second that!  Prok may have been infamous on the forums for her rants but in-world she's an excellent person to rent from.

All I can say is.... it's not a Bay, it's a Lake. (Bay of Space Pigs) It might have been a Bay at one time, but it's a Lake now.

There are Women Governors, called Governor.

There have been many Governors in my State; things do not change depending on who is running it.

Saphira Nuyasaka wrote:

But I hate being ugly.

lol i agree. my avatar i find is very good looking as the ladies do say but i find him not so good looking although i spent over 3k to create him. as for reference here i am to show u. but plz dont admire just so u understand why i say this. my father honestly hates ppl tiping me at clubs i work at due to my apperance not my good hosting skills. lol :D

badge.png

Knowl Paine wrote:

All I can say is.... it's not a Bay, it's a Lake. (Bay of Space Pigs) It might have been a Bay at one time, but it's a Lake now.

There are Women Governors, called Governor.

There have been many Governors in my State; things do not change depending on who is running it.

it was an actual question not a correction lol

i was just curious really..because at one time i could swear i remember it being called Governor then lately it seems like they are using Governess..

i just figured maybe who ever accessed it for what ever reasons or who ever runs that area that maybe it changes..

Knowl Paine wrote:

Where have you seen Governess used?

You're pulling my leg. :matte-motes-wink-tongue: :smileyvery-happy:

i'm not..i'll try to remember but it was just recently..

i want to say it had something to do with either the site where we go to get premium gifts or  maybe it was that new area they just released..

it was something..and they showed an avatar standing next to something ..lol i can't remember much about the picture..but the thing that stood out is they used governess..

it's probably becauseit's so close to me going to bed that i can't think of it..but i'll try to remember..but i did see it and have heard it used as well more than once..

Ok.... :matte-motes-angry:    (1) Point for the Ladies. She ( the Governess) is a she. :smileyindifferent:

Philip and the Guys                 (2) Point

Governess and the Ladies    (1) Point

Philip wrote in two points for the Guys into the source code, it can't be modified. Sorry Ladies. :smileyvery-happy:

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

• Create objects that roam the grid everywhere, which are free of charge and fully modifiable making them the perfect items for others to learn to build themselves.
  • Initiate a style that is copied all over and inspires others to excel for years.
  • Disappear without a trace.
  • Leave your legacy behind.

Then perhaps you get close somewhat to the fame of an avatar like
Arcadia Asylum

Arcadia did not disappear without a trace.  She reincarnated with another avatar.

Back in 2008, I discovered the Privateer Space sim, and knew it was Arcadia (with new alt) that create it. 

http://virtualanalise.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/wowed-by-the-new-privateer-space-sim/

For some reason, most people back then did not realize it was the same AA.   Later there was a dustup....and the new AA lost her sim.  (long story, best not told here)

Now, it's fairly common knowledge that Arcadia reincarnates, multiple times.  : )

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Now, it's fairly common knowledge that Arcadia reincarnates, multiple times.  : )

You' re just saying that because you' re FIC ... :robottongue:

Yet I wanted to refer to Arcadia Asylum only when it came to fame as the OP stated.

You' re completely spot on there about Aley Arai and her origins however.

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Several people come to mind.  As stated previous fame is subjective. 

Imnotgoing Sideways

Daniel Voyager

Wasted Engineer

A few others whom it may be best to leave unnamed lest we call them back from the grave.

Is there not a belief in some cultures that if you know a persons real name it gives you power over them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2840 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.