Marketplace Search Produces Strange Results

Dagger Ulrik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was doing a simple search on Marketplace just now. Apparel - Womens - Womens Costumes - Women's Fantasy and Medieval Costumes. Then I asked Marketplace to sort by price from lowest to highest. At that point Marketplace seemed to lose the plot, none of the items on the page had prices and some of pictures definitely did not belong with the items they were attached to. When I tried to go to full description of an item the page refused to load, Firefox tab just kept saying Connecting. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same result with same search and does this mean Commerce Teams fixes have broken?

Dagger Ulrik wrote:

I was doing a simple search on Marketplace just now. Apparel - Womens - Womens Costumes -
Women's Fantasy and Medieval Costumes. Then I asked Marketplace to sort by price from lowest to highest. At that point Marketplace seemed to lose the plot, none of the items on the page had prices and some of pictures definitely did not belong with the items they were attached to. When I tried to go to full description of an item the page refused to load, Firefox tab just kept saying Connecting. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has the same result with same search and does this mean Commerce Teams fixes have broken?

Yes I get the exact same result searching under Men's Apparel, and it has been that way for several days. I am not a happy shopper, but I do understand what happens when LL tries to modify and/or fix things - things get far worse. I have this foolish hope that LL will sell back the MP to the original owners, and let them run it properly.

As a merchant, I totally understand your frustration. If you happen upon a store with the content photos are not what the description says, please consider adding it to my PSA thread. We are all in this together and hope that it gets fixed asap.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/PSA-Stores-that-have-image-product-issues-add-link-to-store-here/m-p/1496881

Spica Inventor wrote:

I wonder if it would work flawlessly if you where to sort by price: High to Low however. Nudge nudge wink wink. hehe ;-)

Out of curiosity, I went back and tried it sorting by price High to Low, and it did work flawlessly, as far as I could perceive. With my curiosity now quite peaked, I went through and sorted by every built-in search possible, and as far as I could perceive, each and everyone of them worked flawlessly, except, of course, for the sort Price Low to High. What does this say? LOL!

If the idea is to maximize total revenue, they should be less interested in price than in how quickly the thing sells in relation to its price.

One simple algorithm could just be to rank things by how much average commission they have generated per day since they were listed.

I've seen some things recently that suggest the algorithm might really be rather close to that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.