Sign in to follow this  
Eileen Fellstein

Prim Babies/Tummies - why the negative opinions?

I've done the pregnancy thing and currently am raising a zooby baby (love my darling little Emily)

before or after the pregnancy she doesn't chatspam, I made sure my talker was off or set to PM only and I don't take her to family unfriendly places (you wouldn't do that with a baby in real life anyway lol) so the places she is out and giggling and babling are there to accomidate SL parents with prim babies

Naughty Caramel wrote:

Mila Edelman wrote:

It really just seems to boil down to the need for attention. The behavior of a woman who used to come to our sim was a perfect example of that. Not only did she have that annoying thing, but she insisted on going to labor in our bar, and
asked if she should put out a tip jar.

LMFAO!!! I just sprayed diet pepsi through my nose.  

I know, right?! I think our only response was: "Seek help. Seriously."

Tummy talkers creep me out because of the frequency of their comments. And what's weirder is seeing some invisi sculpt alien looking thing floating in front of the 'mother'  while it does this. 

My views on the whole prim children thing kind of vary. I mean, to each their own, right? But this fantasy almost seems too deserparate and close to real life wishes and getting married and having prim children seems like a distraction from real life. I thought the prim babies looked odd and what's the point? Nothing comes of them. They don't have personalities or actual 'life', unlike our avatars which are extensions of ourselves. 

I suppose it's different if you find a roleplay partner who wants to roleplay being your child as the baby 'grows up' and that's fine. Plus there are now mesh baby avatars out there for the person who wants to roleplay as an infant to a family, which...why? Save to fulfill and infantilism fantasy to a person who fantasizes about having an infant. Eh. That's too freaky for me because it's too odd and taboo - but again, to each their own. 

My views have been slightly altered with the appearance of zooby babies. They are interesting things. Almost like a game. It's fun to outfit the nursery and buy it clothes. At least I assume, anyways. I don't have one and probably never will. I just couldn't 'love' it, you know? It's too fake. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

How come when a woman is pregnant her friends pat her tummy and say, "congratulations' but no one rubs the guys freenis and says, "good job?"

cryingwithlaughter.gif... that would be a sight! :smileysurprised: 

PS

Maybe it's because planting a seed in a hole is very easy job?

Nurturing the seed and growing it to something amazing is the more difficult part.  :smileytongue:

I'm surprised this thread is still going :)

I guess in the end, it don't matter a whole lot what others think, though I do take it into consideration in terms of being respectful. I haven't taken the baby to any of the public places I frequent. Partly because I know some are uncomfortable and partly because I'd never take a real baby to a place like that, lol.

I know what you mean about the attention seekers Mila. I have found though that those type of people tend to do that without any valid reason at all.

The baby I adopted doesn't have many features but is adorable as all get up. I don't have a partner and my regular babysitter fizzled, so now the baby is pretty much part of the house and atmosphere. I just really like how the house feels with my little girl playing on the mat on the floor in front of the TV with cartoons on.

I'm just glad there are no north facing windows so she isn't exposed to my neighbor's naked alt that has been hanging inside a giant birdcage for months.

If these prim babies would grow up to become  premium members and contribute to the economy of SL, I would have no objection.  As it is they are just a bunch of freeloaders.  I find this highly objectionable :smileywink:

Marigold Devin wrote:

For me it really just boils down to unnecessary spam appearing in open chat. Someone attention-seeking "look at me I'm pregnant, share my joy". Not everyone wants to share the joy of a virtual fetus in a virtual world, any more than they would go up to a random pregnant woman and lay their hands on her belly! It's just inappropriate.

I feel the same way about gestures!!  Aside from applause, the rest are just loud, annoying spam! 

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Yep. It's the chat spam I don't like.

Imagine if someone with IBS had a "talking colon."

lol