ghost

WhisperMemories

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I agree with Irene - we need more info on what you mean.

Use edit in the top right corner of your question to add information. Also, press permalink on one of the replies and tell us you have added information. This way a notification is sent out to the people so they know you added information.

- Luc -

• Like 2

Welcome to Second Life Answers

By "ghost" if you mean people are looking like a white particle cloud when they log in, this is usually caused by an interruption in the connection of the resident, and therefore isn't something that can be fixed by LL.

However, to rectify the issue with an avatar is very simple, but what works for one person may not work for another.

When this happens to me (and I have a problematic internet connection), I press "ctrl" "alt" "R" at the same time to "rebake" my avatar.  Sometimes this works, sometimes I just become a "ruth" avatar.

(More about ruth avatars and avatar appearance can also be found on the Knowledge Base http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-avatar-appearance/ta-p/1256955  )

If rebaking does not help, sometimes sliding a bald base from inventory to avatar can cause your avatar to load fully, as can changing your group tag (this just nudges the server into realising you are connected).

Sometimes, though, you may need to do a character test - option for this can be found in one of the menus at the top of your viewer screen. 

• Like 4

Perhaps we all are experts in side (and funny!!) notes in "Permalinks" of the Answers hehehe

BTW can an English speaker explain me why if I see a text "Permalink" I must think "oh, it's sure that is for comments"???? For a Spanish speaker, "permalink" remember "permanent link", "enlace permanente".

/me hands Val a BIG BLUE pill...
"Here Val. Try this..." he said with a funny little side-smile... :D

Remember, Irene, you could add comments all over the place in the beginning of Lithium. you could add comments below each and every post. Then LL hid comments on our request, only they did not hide it very well. Or is it that we just know where to look for the secrets... Like kids looking for christmas presents... :)

Oh, and you're right. it sounds better and nicer in spanish.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.