Goodbye Dear Feather. I Will Remember You Fondly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceka Cianci wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Never had a feather.  Have seated myself on a cube then gone into edit and changed Z to search for an uncrowded height to setup my skybox, and soon after that discovered the lsl bridge and built in feather script in Phoenix/Firestorm.

My sister showed me that trick .. time it takes to rezz a cube, type in the altitude, etc. .. i can fly up there using a flight accelerator

Jeanne

the only thing with that is ..if you don't have a cube up there with you then you can't rez the skybox..

that is if you are getting up there that fast to rez a skybox..

most times i just rezz out 4 corner prims in the size lot i need just to make sure it stays in the lot..then rez the skybox or rezzor and center it  in the lot..then just grab it all at one time..set the z axis and send or ride it up..

Hi Ceka ..

My skyhouse is up there all the time .. I've had trubble w/ the TPers so iv given up on em & just fly up there .. I only have it @ 600 m so it doesnt take long to fly that high cuz i have a flight accelerator .. Then when i want to come down i just jump .. i use2 use a parachute but that just makes it slower to get down so now i just jump .. The only thing is that i hav2 remember which side of the skyhouse to jump off of .. cuz if i jump off the wrong side i may come down across our neighbor's yellow lines .. Thats no problem for me but i almost lost Ramona our Zooby cat that way .. I couldnt find her & finally found her bouncing up & down in the sky because of those yellow lines .. Then she was hard to catch

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Never had a feather.  Have seated myself on a cube then gone into edit and changed Z to search for an uncrowded height to setup my skybox, and soon after that discovered the lsl bridge and built in feather script in Phoenix/Firestorm.

My sister showed me that trick .. time it takes to rezz a cube, type in the altitude, etc. .. i can fly up there using a flight accelerator

Jeanne

the only thing with that is ..if you don't have a cube up there with you then you can't rez the skybox..

that is if you are getting up there that fast to rez a skybox..

most times i just rezz out 4 corner prims in the size lot i need just to make sure it stays in the lot..then rez the skybox or rezzor and center it  in the lot..then just grab it all at one time..set the z axis and send or ride it up..

Hi Ceka ..

My skyhouse is up there all the time .. I've had trubble w/ the TPers so iv given up on em & just fly up there .. I only have it @ 600 m so it doesnt take long to fly that high cuz i have a flight accelerator .. Then when i want to come down i just jump .. i use2 use a parachute but that just makes it slower to get down so now i just jump .. The only thing is that i hav2 remember which side of the skyhouse to jump off of .. cuz if i jump off the wrong side i may come down across our neighbor's yellow lines .. Thats no problem for me but i almost lost Ramona our Zooby cat that way .. I couldnt find her & finally found her bouncing up & down in the sky because of those yellow lines .. Then she was hard to catch

Jeanne

ah ok ya that's not too high at all ..mine i keep at about 4k meters..so it's a pretty long flight..

i usually take a cube up and down since it's faster than opening my inventory to get the LM's for up there or the one on the ground..

there is this really cool hud that i use also..it's  more for fun and effects hehehe

but you can jump pretty high pretty quickly..

it has me jumping everywhere now lol

and  you can also come crashing to the ground ..while you are falling flames build around you kind of like a meteor..then when you hit the ground it leave a crater and flames burst everywhere and these red hot rocks start falling all over the place from the explosion..

that or there is the ice one..

they are just fun more than anything..but it gets you up and down really fast too..you can set them where there is no fire or explosions or ice bolts..

plus you can put all your AO stuff in it as well..hehehe

i don't use it to get up and down from my house..i just use it for short hops in my sim or in my friends sims lol

JeanneAnne wrote:

I've had trubble w/ the TPers so iv given up on em & just fly up there ..

Jeanne

There are several different types of teleporters based on different scripts. Gosh it's been a while since I read up on this and I don't have the info book marked.  But as my memory serves me, the first teleporters really employed what you might consider a hack. 

What you did was 'sit' on an object with a certain script, the script moved the object to the set coordinates and then unseated you..  There was a limit to how far the script  could move the object.  One of the fun things was that if there were any ban lines between you and the destination you'd get stuck at the ban line.

Since then other scripts have been introduced that don't have the limits of the original but can be more involved to set up.

One of the things I've noticed is that most of the freebie teleporters in the Market are based on the original script and knowing your penchant for freebies the original limitations may be what you are encountering.

You could do a search for teleport scripts in the LSL Library and make your own with the newer scripts.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Ansariel Hiller wrote:

And teleporting deserves banned, too! Makes feet absolutely useless!

i'd like to see them go back to the old way where info hubs would be useful again..

i hear the older users mentioning how it used to be with info hubs and tp's..that tp's just got you to the closest info hub of where you wanted to go..then ya had to hoof it the rest of the way lol

The history of Telehbs / Infohubs is really interesting. 

Telehubs were created with the release of Version 1.1.0 as an alternative to pay-to-direct teleportation. Linden-owned, these properties and builds created a network in which a resident would teleport to the closest telehub to their desired destination. Another intended use for the telehubs was as a social structure and meeting area, but residents rarely seemed to stick around. A side benefit Linden Lab had hoped would be that telehubs would help in "urban development", creating more commercial centers around them, and leaving the outskirts of land further away from the "hubs" for residential-type land.....................

Perrie Juran wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Jeanne

There are several different types of teleporters based on different scripts. Gosh it's been a while since I read up on this and I don't have the info book marked.  But as my memory serves me, the first teleporters really employed what you might consider a hack. 

What you did was 'sit' on an object with a certain script, the script moved the object to the set coordinates and then unseated you..  There was a limit to how far the script  could move the object.  One of the fun things was that if there were any ban lines between you and the destination you'd get stuck at the ban line.

Since then other scripts have been introduced that don't have the limits of the original but can be more involved to set up.

One of the things I've noticed is that most of the freebie teleporters in the Market are based on the original script and knowing your penchant for freebies the original limitations may be what you are encountering.

You could do a search for teleport scripts in the LSL Library and make your own with the newer scripts.

oh ya i had some of those before..i used them for each floor of my  penthouse..

there are some free ones on the market place as well..

there is a main one and then you can have as many lsaves to it as you want..it's just a matter of putting in the axis in the script..and you can name each floor or place you set them at also..

like bathroom or first floor or deck or whatever..

they are real easy to setup..trust me if i coudl do it back when i set mine up..anyone can..

i was so new then that the paint wasn't dry on me yet lol

Ceka Cianci wrote:

ah ok ya that's not too high at all ..mine i keep at about 4k meters..so it's a pretty long flight..

i usually take a cube up and down since it's faster than opening my inventory to get the LM's for up there or the one on the ground..

there is this really cool hud that i use also..it's  more for fun and effects hehehe

but you can jump pretty high pretty quickly..

it has me jumping everywhere now lol

and  you can also come crashing to the ground ..while you are falling flames build around you kind of like a meteor..then when you hit the ground it leave a crater and flames burst everywhere and these red hot rocks start falling all over the place from the explosion..

that or there is the ice one..

they are just fun more than anything..but it gets you up and down really fast too..you can set them where there is no fire or explosions or ice bolts..

plus you can put all your AO stuff in it as well..hehehe

i don't use it to get up and down from my house..i just use it for short hops in my sim or in my friends sims lol

Sounds fun Ceka !!

I saw your pics of your landing LoL

My sis hasa similar thing .. cept it works when she ~poofs~ Makes for a dramatic exit !! LoL

I would have my skyhouse higher if i was TPing to & from it .. but since I fly & jump i dont want it up too high ..

Jeanne

Perrie Juran wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Jeanne

yeah Perrie .. the TPer that came with the skyhouse quit working after I'd crashed the skyhouse several times .. I don't mind so much flying up & down to the skyhouse but it's 2 storys & theres no stairs .. The TPer was how i got to & from the 1st & 2nd floors ... Now i have to fly out the door & up or down to the next floor .. which is kinduva a pain .. but oh well ..

I've tried a couple different freebie TPers .. One was much like the original that came with the skyhouse & the other you sat on it & specified the altitude & it ~poofed~ you there .. All of these worked at 1st but then somehow got their scripts corrupted .. Prolly something I did .. not sure .. Anyhow, I just gave up on them & now just fly :)

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Jeanne

yeah Perrie .. the TPer that came with the skyhouse quit working after I'd crashed the skyhouse several times .. I don't mind so much flying up & down to the skyhouse but it's 2 storys & theres no stairs .. The TPer was how i got to & from the 1st & 2nd floors ... Now i have to fly out the door & up or down to the next floor .. which is kinduva a pain .. but oh well ..

I've tried a couple different freebie TPers .. One was much like the original that came with the skyhouse & the other you sat on it & specified the altitude & it ~poofed~ you there .. All of these worked at 1st but then somehow got their scripts corrupted .. Prolly something I did .. not sure .. Anyhow, I just gave up on them & now just fly
:)

Jeanne

oh here is something easy you can put on each floor.. plus you can just leave them out for other things anyways..

i still do this because it's fast..just put a pose stand where you want to go up and then one on the other floor..just cam up and right click to stand and poof you are there..

=)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Jeanne

I've tried a couple different freebie TPers .. One was much like the original that came with the skyhouse & the other you sat on it & specified the altitude & it ~poofed~ you there .. All of these worked at 1st but then somehow got their scripts corrupted .. Prolly something I did .. not sure .. Anyhow, I just gave up on them & now just fly

Jeanne

oh here is something easy you can put on each floor.. plus you can just leave them out for other things anyways..

i still do this because it's fast..just put a pose stand where you want to go up and then one on the other floor..just cam up and right click to stand and poof you are there..

=)

Oh WOW !! Thanks Ceka ..

I have a pose stand on the roof .. & one on the ground .. but never knew I could cam up & click like that .. I'll try it when I get home .. Thanks again !!

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Jeanne

Jeanne

=)

Oh WOW !! Thanks Ceka ..

I have a pose stand on the roof .. & one on the ground .. but never knew I could cam up & click like that .. I'll try it when I get home .. Thanks again !!

Jeanne

i was meaning for getting between floors..but if you can cam that high with your draw distance then you can get up there that way..

you can use any poseball as well or furniture or whatever  with a sit or stand script in it..you can go through walls and floors that way..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i was meaning for getting between floors..but if you can cam that high with your draw distance then you can get up there that way..

you can use any poseball as well or furniture or whatever  with a sit or stand script in it..you can go through walls and floors that way..

Oh yeah .. I realized that .. I have no problem flying from the ground up to the skyhouse .. What I meant was that I'd try putting a pose stand on each floor .. Back before Seaside died I spent a lotuv time on my sister's roof .. There was a dance ball & pose stand up there .. That's where i changed & put outfits together .. & we often danced up there cuz her stream went to the sim .. We hardly ever actually went inside the house !! LoL So I just got used to being on the roof .. The roof is like the 3rd floor of my skyhouse .. So I'll put pose stands in the upstairs bedroom & downstairs too .. as well as the 1 on the roof .. Thanks again for telling me about the cam trick .. ;)

Jeanne

• 1 year later...

Storyof Oh wrote:

How pathetic am i to only discover this?  After a complete body meltdown and rebuild i did not reattach my flight assist...then realised i was flying without.....sheesh

Next someone will tell me camping is banned
)

ya camping isn't banned.it's just limited to land not in the search.

What? I can dust off my camping chairs?.....lol

But of course the reason for camping was to raise the profile and position of the land for search and to charge astronomical rent/advertising fees for the 'popular' parcel.  Therefore no search defeats object.

Love the humour quote...i will stop hijacking this feather now and kick RL for making me miss so much.

Storyof Oh wrote:

How pathetic am i to only discover this?  After a complete body meltdown and rebuild i did not reattach my flight assist...then realised i was flying without.....sheesh

Next someone will tell me camping is banned
)

To compensate us for these losses they've given us bouncing bewbies now!

Vania Chaplin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

... that cause weird effects when used with mesh blouses.

... and when our viewer lags badly the boobies wonder "What lag? There's no lag."

And to prove it the boobies will start extremely crazy and wild up and down jiggle.  :smileysurprised: :smileyfrustrated:

"No lag, see?" they shout.

:smileyvery-happy:  :smileytongue:

Coby Foden wrote:

Vania Chaplin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

... and when our viewer lags badly the boobies wonder "What lag? There's no lag."

And to prove it the boobies will start extremely crazy and wild up and down jiggle.  :smileysurprised: :smileyfrustrated:

I've seen two threads I started "necroposted" today so I will go for a tri-fecta:

Why Does Linden Lab Hate Boobies?

Coby Foden wrote:

Vania Chaplin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

They talk now?  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.