Goodbye Dear Feather. I Will Remember You Fondly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Great! After reading this thread yesterday, I removed my feather and tested it. All was fine without it. Then I deleted it from all the places in my inventory where I had it in outfit folders. Soon afterwards I was called into the next sim to deal with some object/particle griefing, but that sim hadn't been upgraded and I couldn't fly far enough up.

It won't be long before it's grid-wide though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never used one..i always had flight on my mysti hud...

that and my jump hud i can jump high very fast anyways..

that and crash to the ground in an explosion of destruction to all that can't hear me yelling on the way down..

GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!! I GONNA LAND ON YEW!!!! \o/

CRASH!

cekapunch5.png

cekapunch4.png

Ansariel Hiller wrote:

You can't fly higher than 4096m with stock LL viewer anyway...

they are upping it to 5k meters now only on certain areas first according to Oskar Linden =)

"We have nothing to promote this week because all of the RC's were on trunk last week. We will have code ready for the RC's this Wednesday. There will be no code promotion Tuesday morning.

On the RC's we will be doing something new after the simulator deploy. We have a new system that allows us to modify simulator configs outside of a regular deploy schedule. We will use that _after_ the simulator deploy to set the avatar fly height to 5,000m. We are setting that onto the RC's only. That way we can observe behaviour of existing objects that might behave differently based on the changed avatar fly height limits."

Free flight at height ruins sl. Whats the point of using a jet pack to ensure you dont fall to your doom as you make adjustments and repairs to your sky/space station ?? What need is there for aircraft , space craft, clockwork flying pigs or any other vehicle that enable you to flight when you can now fly without. 

An irrelevant and useless move I dont see the point......

Personally I think sl should put an 'outerspace layer around sl that you cant access without the right equipment....that includes mechanisms for space travel plus breathing apparatus etc etc.... Exploring and building in sl space would be a vastly more interesting move than any other  linden labs have come up with...

Maelstrom Janus wrote:

well perhaps if people had to actually move around sl the next step might be the end of ban lines... Nice one !!!

getting riduv ban lines would be an improvement !!

the other day i was up in my skyhouse .. i had my Zooby kitty Ramona up there with me .. when i jumped she jumped with me .. but it was off the wrong side of the house .. so i came down right next to the damm ban lines but i guess she came down on the wrong side .. i couldnt find my kitty !!! :(( so i finally found her up in the sky .. bouncing up & down .. & it was hard to rescue her cuz she wouldnt hold still .. id like to build a trebuchet  & lob hydrogen bombs over the mts & nuke the azzholes on the other side who put up those stupid yellow lines !!!!!

Jeanne

I love the lindens mentality...I see people complain about lag, boundary crossing difficulties etc etc.. What do lindens do...increase unaided flying heights ...something I never heard or saw one person request....

One day lindens will actually do something its users wanted and need.....

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Never had a feather.  Have seated myself on a cube then gone into edit and changed Z to search for an uncrowded height to setup my skybox, and soon after that discovered the lsl bridge and built in feather script in Phoenix/Firestorm.

My sister showed me that trick .. time it takes to rezz a cube, type in the altitude, etc. .. i can fly up there using a flight accelerator

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Never had a feather.  Have seated myself on a cube then gone into edit and changed Z to search for an uncrowded height to setup my skybox, and soon after that discovered the lsl bridge and built in feather script in Phoenix/Firestorm.

My sister showed me that trick .. time it takes to rezz a cube, type in the altitude, etc. .. i can fly up there using a flight accelerator

Jeanne

Well good for you.  :smileytongue:

Ansariel Hiller wrote:

And teleporting deserves banned, too! Makes feet absolutely useless!

i'd like to see them go back to the old way where info hubs would be useful again..

i hear the older users mentioning how it used to be with info hubs and tp's..that tp's just got you to the closest info hub of where you wanted to go..then ya had to hoof it the rest of the way lol

JeanneAnne wrote:

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Jeanne

the only thing with that is ..if you don't have a cube up there with you then you can't rez the skybox..

that is if you are getting up there that fast to rez a skybox..

most times i just rezz out 4 corner prims in the size lot i need just to make sure it stays in the lot..then rez the skybox or rezzor and center it  in the lot..then just grab it all at one time..set the z axis and send or ride it up..

Call me radical but instead of increasing the unaided height limit Lindens should have reduced it and insist everyone who wanted to fly either turn into a creature designed for flight i.e a bird, pterodactyl, dragon or superman ( or some none copyright variation thereof) or insist everyone use a hoverbike, aircraft, flying car, clockwork flying pig, pet dragon , tarn etc.... might make sl more interesting you rarely see anyone in a flying vehicle nowadays.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.