I cannot run a viewer. I tried to reinstall but nothing happens when i try to run it. Please help!

Ventres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot run a viewer. I tried to reinstall but nothing happens when i try to run it. Please help! Nothnig happens no matter if i try to run it by shortcut or a direct .exe. 

EDIT: Nothing - not even error. Click - circle by the cursor appears, and the disappears after  moment. I have windows 7, my computer specifications is better than recommended. Yes, I have downloaded the big setup, not just starter one - nothing.

12 answers to this question

"Nothing" means ... nothing,nothing at all? Nothing happens when you click the shortcut?

If you need to add information to your post, either press 'Permalink' on a response and add it as a comment (which sends a notification to the people who responded), or select edit in the options menu in the top right corner of your post (which does not send notifications to the people who responded). But please, don't open a new thread :smileyhappy:

(edited for typo)

Just to be really sure that we're talking bout the same thing .... Did you go to https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=en-US and click the big yellow DOWNLOAD button?  The standard SL viewer should download automatically and then install itself after you answer a couple of routine questions.  Once that's done, you just need to click on the shortcut or exe file to log in.

Nothing - not even error. Click - circle by the cursor appears, and the disappears after moment. I have windows 7, my computer specifications is better than recommended. Yes, I have downloaded the big setup, not just starter one - nothing.

Second life was working fine untill the new release. now it will not compile correctly. i have reinstalled and cleared the computrer five times with the same result each time. i have windows vista 32 bit . as i said it worked fine until this new release.

Same problem.  My cursor turns into the spinning circle to indicate something is loading for only a second or two, then it's back to the regular pointer, and nothing has loaded.

I tried Nirans Viewer.  I reinstalled the regular SL viewer.  Restarted, tried SL, then Nirans again.

I'm on a newer Win7x64 computer with a Core i7 processor and 8GB RAM.  My gfx drivers are up to date.  I can access WoW, Diablo 3, and a million other games without a hitch.

I'm afraid that "nothing works" isn't a very helpful description of the problem. First, you need to tell us what kind of computer you are using and what sort of Internet connection. Then tell us exactly what you mean by "nothing." Error messages? When does "nothing" happen? What does it look like? What have you tried already? Give us something to work with. Most of all .... DO NOT add this information here, in someone else's two month old dead post. If you want anyone to see it, start a NEW question of your own.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.