Paypal as Payment information

Myon Kegel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried adding my verified paypal account as payment info, however whenever I tried to do this it sends me straight to the 'add a credit card to your paypal' site. I am unsure if it's a LL issue or if it's an issue from paypal.. so I'm just going to start here. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

edit: I have a bank account added to it, I did not believe it was necessary to add as it is something you have to do to have the paypal account verified.

edit to answer Irene: Yes, I am sure. It prompts me to log in to paypal, which I do. Once at paypal and logged in the only aviable thing it gives me os to add a credit card to my paypal or return to the LL site where I came from, but I can guarantee that my paypal is verified and has a bank account added to it.

6 answers to this question

There's nothing wrong. PayPal needs to know where it's going to get its money from, so it asks you for either a credit card or a bank account.  They won't just wait for you to mail in a personal check or an envelope full of pennies when you buy something.

I think this may be a Paypal issue. When you try to add a Paypal account to your Second Life account, Linden Lab automatically requests approval from Paypal and only when that approval is given does it  associate it with your SL account. Possibly there is an issue along the line that is preventing this so it reverts to asking for credit card details. If you phone Billing Support, a represenntative should be able to tell you what is happening. You can also email support@payments.secondlife.com.

i have  problem with my comte paypal i try actived paypal on my accont, i not cant , is ask me credi cart too same time i try actived my comte paypal , i just want buy lindent with paypal i not take credit card same time      i want actived my comte paypal not buy with credit card  you can help me?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.