Why does "gothic lolita" keyword force a Moderate rating?

Pandora Wrigglesworth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently noticed that some of my Marketplace listings have had their Maturity Level changed to "Moderate". I tried editing the level but it kept forcing it back to Moderate with this message:

• Successfully updated, but the text in the keywords field forced a change in the maturity level

So I tried editing the keywords and discovered that the keyword that was making the difference was "gothic lolita".

I do not understand the reasoning on this. Gothic Lolita is simply a fashion style with very frilly clothing, like a gothic dolly. The Listing Guidelines state that General is allowed for "Avatar goods that may be sexy, but are not sexual" but this Gothic Lolita isn't even necessarily sexy much less sexual. Why does the keyword "gothic lolita" force listings to be rated as Moderate?

Lolita is the BAD word you naughty merchant, peddling underage filth.

(kidding)

It's petty that there isn't a published list.  The argument is that people would game it however since it only monitor English language words, I suggest you also list the product keywords in many foreign translations, none of which will be trapped.

This just causes everyone to waste time playing a game of guess the bad word.

Tried "harajuku"?

LOL Ann, I started my SL with the official SL harajuku n00b avatar. That was in 2007 tho, obviously before the republicans took over the lab. Oh, she was so cute with her underdeveloped body and the neon blue system hair. A real cutie and probably the perfect rape victim. I have no clue if they are still offering female starter avies like that.

Orca Flotta wrote:

Tried "harajuku"?

LOL Ann, I started my SL with the
official SL
harajuku n00b avatar. That was in 2007 tho,
obviously before the republicans took over the lab.
Oh, she was so cute with her underdeveloped body and the neon blue system hair. A real cutie and probably the perfect rape victim. I have no clue if they are still offering female starter avies like that.

I LOL'ed!

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.